A lot of new accounts

..they've generated a massive amount of inbound links to their sites, and increased their SEO ranking massively.

It may work for a while but I think Google are now onto this and are punitively punishing those that do it.

Also one way of stopping the bots is to have a long winded question where you have to copy and paste the question text as the answer. So something like:

WeLcoMe To TrAde2WiN pLeAsE cOpY tHiS eNtIrE tExT aNd PaStE iT iNtO tHe AnSwEr BoX

It may work for a while but I think Google are now onto this and are punitively punishing those that do it.

Also one way of stopping the bots is to have a long winded question where you have to copy and paste the question text as the answer. So something like:

WeLcoMe To TrAde2WiN pLeAsE cOpY tHiS eNtIrE tExT aNd PaStE iT iNtO tHe AnSwEr BoX

Yes Google are apparently doing that, loads of back links will decrease ranking and not improve it in future they said. I suppose that wont stop the idiots trying it though.

d70m i take it your comments re stop losses were aimed at me. Time will tell if i am brilliant or stupid. Why are you so bothered i am going to give all my money away and because you are such a good trader i'm probably going to give it to you which must make you very happy. All good poker players want a fish at the table so only an idiot would berate them. So what does that make you??

d70m i take it your comments re stop losses were aimed at me.

You are too sensitive. No-stop-loss, hold-until-win strategies are commonly used by beginners. For the faster learners, they usually get out of that in a matter of months because such strategies are very wasteful of life and effort. How comes I know that, along with everybody else ? Have a guess. So D70 was mocking beginners in general and not anyone in particular. For your satisfaction, I mocked him right back.

Last edited:
BTW - does Steve sleep with da fishes now?

I think I predicted he'd be history within 3 months. He might not be gone, but he's extremely quiet, and the promises of more interaction with the community have definitely been forgotten

However, In fairness, there is no longer a community to interact with

What a disaster

I think I predicted he'd be history within 3 months. He might not be gone, but he's extremely quiet, and the promises of more interaction with the community have definitely been forgotten

However, In fairness, there is no longer a community to interact with

What a disaster
the hare,
To your credit, one thing everyone agrees about when your name crops up is just how remarkably consistent you are. You should play darts - you'd score 180 every time! Just a slight shame you're so consistently wrong. Still, on the plus side, your absurd and often laughable anti-T2W agenda acts as a highly effective inverse sentiment indicator which confirms that we're proceeding along the right lines. It's when you stop spouting your nonsense that I get worried!
:cheesy:
Tim.

the hare,
To your credit, one thing everyone agrees about when your name crops up is just how remarkably consistent you are. You should play darts - you'd score 180 every time! Just a slight shame you're so consistently wrong. Still, on the plus side, your absurd and often laughable anti-T2W agenda acts as a highly effective inverse sentiment indicator which confirms that we're proceeding along the right lines. It's when you stop spouting your nonsense that I get worried!
:cheesy:
Tim.

I don't play darts, but Ironically, the last time I contributed anything remotely useful to t2w, I posted details of an article in which the authors discussed a statistical methodology for optimizing your score whilst playing darts. Attempting to obtain a score of 180 isn't always the optimum strategy, dependent on the players skill level.

that aside, i think my record shows that I am generally right, and with reasonable consistency

Lets not forget, it was one of the sites favorite vendors and advocates who initially made the adverse comment regarding the lack of public participation by your CEO. That doesn't really sound as if you are proceeding along the right lines.

Whilst I am confident that you will achieve your long term objectives transforming t2w into a "shining beacon" even you must admit that over the short term, you are experiencing a downturn in traffic, a reduction in the quality of contributions, an increase in spam etc. however if your happy with the situation, knock yourself out mate :LOL:

Furthermore, you can count the the number of posts made by Steve, and you can evaluate the decreasing frequency in which those posts have been made over time (perhaps someone could post a little chart of posts per week since his appointment, the trend is so clear, that I'm pretty sure that even the greenest of new traders could easily establish the trend.

As I say , it's a disaster

I don't know how many businesses would consider the CEO not spending enough of his time posting on internet forums to be a sign of impending disaster. I think many businesses would consider the opposite to be true.

I don't know how many businesses would consider the CEO not spending enough of his time posting on internet forums to be a sign of impending disaster. I think many businesses would consider the opposite to be true.

Don't be so stupid. The CEO getting more airtime can only be a good thing.

By the way do you have a CMC account?

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.
Quite so, Tube.
Steve (T2W's CEO) has a choice. Either he can spend his time engaging with members whose sole agenda is to waste his time - or he can use it productively - working behind the scenes to make things happen. The former is high profile but, ultimately, leads down a cul-de-sac, whilst the latter will result in securing the long term prosperity of the forum for the benefit of the entire membership. Obviously, those with an anti-T2W agenda desire the former, whilst those who have a genuine interest in the site and have its best interests at heart are more than happy with the latter. Take it from me folks, Steve's focus is very much on what is best for the wider membership. If it wasn't then . . .
A) I'd have sussed it by now, and . . .
B) I'd have resigned from the staff long ago.
;)
Tim.

d70m i take it your comments re stop losses were aimed at me. Time will tell if i am brilliant or stupid. Why are you so bothered i am going to give all my money away and because you are such a good trader i'm probably going to give it to you which must make you very happy. All good poker players want a fish at the table so only an idiot would berate them. So what does that make you??

Yeah, sure. It can be aimed at you if you like.
Stupid is as stupid does.....

Quite so, Tube.
Steve (T2W's CEO) has a choice. Either he can spend his time engaging with members whose sole agenda is to waste his time - or he can use it productively - working behind the scenes to make things happen.
;)
Tim.

You have absolutely no evidence to indicate that the sole objective of t2w's membership is to waste Steve's time. A number of long standing members dared to ask questions with the best of intentions, and you accuse them of wasting Steve's time. This im afraid is a typical example of the attitude that has developed within t2w's staff in recent years, and the contempt in which membership are held.

I personally don't expect (or even want) your "CEO" to be posting frequently. However it was Steve himself who pointed out that there should be, and would be more interaction between management and members. However, rather than an increase in communication, there's been an exponential decrease in his posts over time since Steve's appointment.

Many members believe that there are improvements that could and should be made. You yourself claimed that these changes would transform t2w into a "shining beacon". In fairness to Steve has announced a small number of changes, such as the withdrawal of the rebate scheme, but broadly speaking, there's been little communication, and no noticeable change other than tinkering with the forum structure. That's fine, but it doesn't really match the early expectations that Steve set at the time of his appointment.

I suspect this situation is what prompted one of the sites supporters to ask if Steve was "sleeping with the fishes"

Time will tell, but I'm still short t2w and I see no reason to be covering that position any time soon.