A little help please!!

timsk

Legendary member
7,468 2,228
a little bit more details pls!! is that like a subject in college or something??
Hi ph_trader,
It's a site that enables traders to post their systems so that others can follow. Those that then trade the system with their own money pay a fixed subscription to the system developer and a commission per trade to Collective2. In theory, it's a clever idea as it allows good traders to trade and those that aren't to back those who are. A win win situation. In practice, I don't know of anyone who's made money consistently over the medium to long term - either as a trader or as a follower. However, maybe that's just me and everyone else is raking in some serious coin!

I don't know about collective2 as such, but some of these sites are built in a way that makes average traders look good. For example, it's quite easy to rack up a very high success ratio by taking small profits - especially in range bound markets. 85% to 90% of the time, market volatility will ensure a modest profit target is hit. Needless to say, the trader may have a few trades that have gone seriously offside. They may return to profit, they may not. In the meantime, the site only shows the trades that have been closed at a profit as the losses are only paper ones and not realised ones. This makes the trader look much better than s/he really is and those that then follow with real money get a nasty shock when the offside trades are left to go further and further into the red. In fairness to collective2, I have no idea whether this applies to them - it probably doesn't. They may well have a transparent business model that highlights such practices - rather than hiding them from view.
Tim.

fxmade2trade

229 6
Hi ph_trader,
It's a site that enables traders to post their systems so that others can follow. Those that then trade the system with their own money pay a fixed subscription to the system developer and a commission per trade to Collective2. In theory, it's a clever idea as it allows good traders to trade and those that aren't to back those who are. A win win situation. In practice, I don't know of anyone who's made money consistently over the medium to long term - either as a trader or as a follower. However, maybe that's just me and everyone else is raking in some serious coin!

I don't know about collective2 as such, but some of these sites are built in a way that makes average traders look good. For example, it's quite easy to rack up a very high success ratio by taking small profits - especially in range bound markets. 85% to 90% of the time, market volatility will ensure a modest profit target is hit. Needless to say, the trader may have a few trades that have gone seriously offside. They may return to profit, they may not. In the meantime, the site only shows the trades that have been closed at a profit as the losses are only paper ones and not realised ones. This makes the trader look much better than s/he really is and those that then follow with real money get a nasty shock when the offside trades are left to go further and further into the red. In fairness to collective2, I have no idea whether this applies to them - it probably doesn't. They may well have a transparent business model that highlights such practices - rather than hiding them from view.
Tim.

you very right but it does matter the system you are trading

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock