A job in software developing, too late at 37 years old?

Amazin-Trade

I'm aware of the fact that the tech industry can discriminate based on age/gender a lot. Will it be tough for me to get a job once I finish my studies? I have 0 experience or knowledge in software right now. There seem to be a huge shortage but there are also people saying software jobs will be replaced by AI just many other jobs.

My 2 cents being in this industry, the whole AI is way overblown, in the end this is just a chat bot with that is not accurate at times... But also the developer job is not for everyone, but you have to try to know if it is right fit for you...
As we say across the pond:
|"You miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take."|

With the help of chat-gpt for new programners more easy to learn coding.

Im coder and no more using stackoverflow and google usage minimized by 90% as it confirms my desktop time audit tools.

Never too late for learning.

Of course not!
You can use different AIs to speed up your learning.
It is funny but go and read biographies of famous people in different fields.
IT IS NEVER LATE!

its never late but i will suggest to look at job market in your location. I know in US, currently there are lot of companies doing layoffs so its little difficult to get in. Also it depends on your compensation requirements, if you are looking high salary, it might be difficult but for average salary, you should not have any issues. its all local market you can check and then decide what language you want to learn and master. Java, you will find lots of jobs but less salary where as C++ will pay higher but not so easy to learn and master. hope this helps