5min. SAR, Macd 'switchback'

Depth Trade

Experienced member
When attempting to scalp the market on both sides, I've come accross a slight edge to be had using Sar with Macd.
This strategy works best during the early morning after Indexes have opened for the day. Within about a half hour before or after the Indexes have opened, price will move and break through the Sar indicator. At this point you want to draw a trend line from start of broken Sar to the last Sar (dot). This new trend line off previous Sar (dots) becomes the signal that a new high has been reached, when new Sar (dots) break the trend line that was drawn off previous Sar (dots). Another clue for price maxing out is to draw a horizontal line off previous Sar broken, then when new Sar (dots) have broken this line, price will be even further out then on previously explained set-up.
Stop loss for these positions should be max price previously traded before break through Sar (dots).
Macd is for re-affirmation of price direction and over/under bias.

If some one could post a 5min with Sar and macd, that would be nice.

I did trade this strategy about 50 times for a profit, but found it took an immense amount of energy to 'stay on top of it' constantly.

;)

Attachments

• dddd.JPG
    dddd.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
Reactions: TWI
Wow price has really moved up, have to wait until Macd calms down to sell. Maybe on cross over.

:)

Attachments

• dddd.JPG
    dddd.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 497
Depth Trade said:
Wow price has really moved up, have to wait until Macd calms down to sell. Maybe on cross over.

Looks like days high could have been made. will try a short using previous high as stopp.

Target for this position is where red dots are on chart, in relation to exit on other end.

Attachments

• dddd.JPG
    dddd.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 394
Price seems to be moving along as planned. Will look for exit when Sar (dots) cross new trend line.

Attachments

• dddd.JPG
    dddd.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,029
Price seems to have maxed out from previous SAR cross, so we'll exit positions.

Price is almost set-up for a buy, except Macd is above bias.

Attachments

• dddd.JPG
    dddd.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 520
As we see on the chart, price has stalled out .

Wait to see if Macd MA's cross under 50/50 line, and look for entrance when Sar breaks previous horizontal trend line that was drawn off Sar.

Attachments

• eeee.JPG
    eeee.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
There is some what of a buy set-up now, a weak one.

Will watch longs from now, looking to exit when current SAR breaks through previous trend line. As done before.

Attachments

• eeee.JPG
    eeee.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
That's it for me, no more big moves left.

So today there was the first trade that was profitable, then there was a second trade that hit the stoploss.

Attachments

• eeee.JPG
    eeee.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 467
Depth Trade said:
That's it for me, no more big moves left.

So today there was the first trade that was profitable, then there was a second trade that hit the stoploss.

Please give us some live samples :rolleyes:

Hello Mr. Black, I glad to see someone has taken interest in the 'switchback'. As previously stated this strategy DOES take an immense amount of energy to follow everyday, but did prove profitable after personally trading it for a few weeks.

If you could provide a 5min Eur/usd chart with SAR and Macd, both set a 'default' levels I will then draw in the trend lines I tried to describe earlier.
I am not able to save screen shots with the broker I am using, I am sure it is simple to take a 'screen shot' but I do not know how. :rolleyes:

D T

Thank you for posting the chart.

So as stated previously, the new 'buy' point would be after SAR (dots) have crossed horizontal trend line, that were drawn off previous SAR (dot). The last one to be broken (green dots).

As of right now there is almost a buy signal, but SAR (dots) have NOT crossed under previous SAR extreme trend line. (see green dots)

I would personally wait for SAR to break current SAR (dots) again, then draw a new trend line and enter position when SAR (dots) actually cross/ close past new horizontal trend line off new set-up.

I hope this makes sense, reading it back it sounds weird.

D T

!!!!

If possible someone post anothere 5min. with SAR and MACD. This current chart is no longer good. Price has continued down and new trend lines need to be drawn up.

Attachments

• macdsareur5mindl4.JPG
    macdsareur5mindl4.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 285
So as stated Previous SAR (dots) did not cross under horizontal drawn trend line.

New SAR (dots) are on the verge of crossing under previous drawn trend lines as indicated on second drawn SAR (green dots).

DT

!!!

Watch current SAR (dots) they are about to cross under horizontal trend line originally drawn.

Attachments

• macdsareur5mindl4.JPG
    macdsareur5mindl4.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 270
Look to exit when current SAR (dots) pass accross trend line that was drawn off previous Upper SAR (dots).

This exit point is not the horizontal trend line, but is a trend line that is drawn off the First and Last (dot) before Sar (dots) were broken.

See attachment.

DT

Attachments

• 03 OCT.JPG
    03 OCT.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 277
well now that the BB live conference is over, let's try a long

Aud/usd
long .7910
s/l .7896

Depth Trade said:
well now that the BB live conference is over, let's try a long

Aud/usd
long .7910
s/l .7896

there still seems to be resistence on the up side, we'll try to get back in lower, in a while.

aud/usd
out .7899

Depth Trade said:
:eek:
Hello Mr. Black
you don't want to miss this next one.

Aud/usd long ,7892
s/l ,7874

Would have liked to get out a while earlier, but was out running errands.

aud/usd
out at ,7897