Article 5 Basic Things Investors Should Do in 2016

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,452 54
Most of us would prefer not to relive 2015 it is my guess. Equity markets weren’t very friendly with treacherous volatility towards the end of the year. Moving sideways from about June on, markets sneaked slight gains but most investors felt the burn of “nothing to show” for the year. China fears of slowed global growth and the increasing stockpiles of crude oil put a lot of downward pressure on the growth in equity markets around the world.
The Federal Reserve finally gave us hope in a Federal Funds Rate increase of 0.25% in December. Monetary policy baffles me. Central banks are seemingly more influenced by “sunshine or doom and gloom” trading headwinds than actual economic data. When the smoke cleared, the NASDAQ was up 5.73%, the S&P 500 eeked out 1.36% (total return), while the Dow fell -2.23%. January sent investors running again with all markets negative year-to-date with the NASDAQ leading the way at -10.92% at the time this article was written. Take a deep breath. Take a...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
I assume this advice also applies to 2017, since 2016 is nearly over..........LOL

Timing is one of the most important factors in trading/investing..........successfully that is...... LOL

Last edited: