27/23

ilia king

Has anyone heard of this system, I think it works by noting the price at 7am and if the price goes higher by 27 pips you buy and if it goes lower by 23 from the orginal price you sell? And the same for 1pm. (GMT)

To me this feels like gambling but I think the arguement is that it works on trending markets and such a move in price would cause a trend? Currently trying to backtest this strategy (found on Moneytec - which is a pretty good forum for forex systems)

Cheers Ilia

I've backtested it.

The strategy posted isn't brilliant but with some simple modifications it can work pretty damned well ;o)

JonnyT

Johnny are the modifications that you made private? Or are you willing to share, perectly understand if you dont

Forget the MoneyTec systems they don't work and all are over optimised.

The 23/27 can be made to work but not as it has been published nor any of the published variants IMHO.

A random entry at 07:00 with money management is probably more effective in that you lose most days but can get a few whoppers.

JonnyT

Are they over optimised on purpose? Johhny I am currently trying your breakout system, "So you want a system that actually works?". Looks good, is it a bit like the 60 min breakout system?

Thanks Ilia

JonnyT,

Only from memory, but isn't the 23/27 the system you deleted from this and other boards as being "too good to be in the public domain"?