250 pips profit per month-realistic?

Damn... I hope that didn't come off as being cocky!! I'm certainly not... :eek:

It's just a market that is easy to get started in without losing a lot of $$$$...

Now... Making a living out of it appears to be a whole different game!! :)

didnt think it cocky. Will demo trade to get used to software and go live after 2 months of profit. Tempting to put small amount on but will wait a bit

1) Figure out the software.

2) Figure out a trading system that appears to be profitable on a demo account.

3) Figure out why you're an emotional wreck and a psychological ****-up with a real account, only small risk per trade.

5) Rule the world.

I think I've covered everything. Oh...

if you want consistent returns you really should be looking for more trades than a handful a month..

not suggesting trading like a loon but the more you trade the less monthly variation you will experience. Of course the better you trade the less variation you will experience also.. hint hint.

My goal is always +ve month, week, day, trade in that priority.

when I trade I trade 1-2 times a day, because of that, +ve months and weeks are the norm. days and trades are a litle out of my hands due to my trading and the markets(if the trades aint there nothing I can do)

As always, its down to your style and *goals*. open a demo and start to figure out just how hard it is.. then if you crack that, open a live and trade small. infact trade *much* smaller than you think as you will lose even if you've been winning..

good luck

Generally speaking personally my oppinion is that you have to catch a Breakout , a verry massive Breakout or a Gap . But that requires 99% analisys and 1% action in the wright moment .
On a weekly/monthly base you can find enought Breakouts providing theese pips .