1st December- 2008

wallstreet1928

Legendary member
morning people, I'm feeling extremely ill today .............

I take it you have been having fun shorting the market from 4300 ?

I have been shorting Oil from last night as OPEC delayed oil production cut?

so what have you people been up to, any interesting trades?

The light volume rally didn't last long..........

date out today should be negative putting further pressure on the market.......

its a shorters paradise!!

3:00 PM GMT US ISM Manufacturing (NOV)
3:00 PM GMT US ISM Prices Paid (NOV)
3:00 PM GMT US Construction Spending (MoM) (OCT)

I only trade intra day my friend...........day to day because this market is so volatile and irrational!!

Its a day traders world............!!

I have made my 50 odd point profit shorting FTSE, I'm no expert and don't know where it will hit!!

All I can do is forecast.........

on my charts its showing as over sold.....RSI & bollinger bands!!

so i wouldn't short any more for today.....but if your holding for longer than that then I'm not the person to be asking my friend!!

I think we've got support at 4156 (in the shorter term) so if we get any good news later on today I think we could see some upward movement.

:)

taken 2 paracetamol & feeling a bit better now so will post my trades............

OK short FTSE @ 4178 ...target 4100 or depending on emotions...haha!!

anyway.....stop loss 4200!!

lets see how this plays, US data at 15.00 should force it lower...........

My take on gold (if you don't mind).

Move to the downside came at the 61.8% Fib retractment. Gold moved all the way down to the previous Fib level of 38.2% along with a strong historical pivot line and found some strong support. This pivot line has been touched on 7 occasions (including today) which makes me think we will see a brief rally and no more downside moves in the near term.

I've attached a graph of what I've seen anyways. Bit messy but the red dots show where the pivot has been touched.

Attachments

• Gold 011208.JPG
    Gold 011208.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 143
interesting...................keep in touch Manya as I have currently just started to be more active trading oil!!

do you have any good website for supply & demand variables and fundamentals..............?

Will do Wall. When charting I only look at technicals, dont really trade commodities so haven't looked at oil.

Anyways, we had a doji bar form late on in the day on Gold after which price moved lower and beneath the pivot I highlighted earlier! If we get a weak opening we could see further downside movement. If this happens I would definetely look to take a long-term position shorting the price targetting 700.

I'm no expert at this but just my opinion.

"lets see how this plays, US data at 15.00 should force it lower..........."

WOW!!! I din't think it would force it to 4000 level and below that quickly.............

that was some move last night!!

anybody buying on the basis its oversold?

I'm still ill people...................really bad virus going around at present!!

so what are people doing this morning?

Gold is heading further south. I also think a good entry to SHORT the FTSE would be around 4020.

Ftse 100

Whats your price target for the FTSE?

:)

ftse by the end january 2009 will rech third lowes low 3600 than we will have one up to around 4000-4150 and end of march another low of around 3000-3300 and that will mark botom of the market and the end of 2009 will rally at around 4800-5250.