1pt spread DAX & FTSE Spreadbeting Vendors I am currently trialing with good platform

francisfinley

Established member
1pt spread DAX & FTSE Spreadbeting Vendors I am currently trialing with good platform

GFT - the Dealbook Web interface has single click interface - i love it!!
Dealing Desk - again good interface i can move round quickly
ODL Spreadbetting - too many clicks
Tradefair - still waiting for a login

i will let you know after a few weeks which is my favourite. I am sceptical on relying on tips and suggestions (who knows which vendors are people on this site) until I trial everything myself.

FF

Do you trade directly from GFT's charts, and if so do you have trouble dragging orders?!

thats using the dealbook web. dont like the dealbook download version.

why?
I use it and is fine for me...

only 1 problem: at beginning the orders went straight to the market
now they go straight "on pending"
I really don't understand why, I have spoken with Customer service and they cannot explian why

strange, and I am not happy about that...

any ideas?

why?
I use it and is fine for me...

only 1 problem: at beginning the orders went straight to the market
now they go straight "on pending"
I really don't understand why, I have spoken with Customer service and they cannot explian why

strange, and I am not happy about that...

any ideas?

Yes, Dealbook web is slower and has far less functionality, even if the software version has a few glitches, including the chart order dragging problem, which they apparently don't want to fix.
re. pending orders, have you increased stake size, and/or become consistently profitable with short-term trading?

Yes, Dealbook web is slower and has far less functionality, even if the software version has a few glitches, including the chart order dragging problem, which they apparently don't want to fix.
re. pending orders, have you increased stake size, and/or become consistently profitable with short-term trading?

Hi Phil
I think you are right
I did not change much the stake size
but I noticed that shorting become more profiteble...why?

But I am annoyed about the "pending" as does not allow to go out immediately as my style is scalping

i could fill my b/f quicker than gft can fill an at market order, thought they were great at first then realised the slippage:(

i could fill my b/f quicker than gft can fill an at market order, thought they were great at first then realised the slippage:(

for me I can some slippage only in strong markets volatility
otherwise the pending is at the price that I bidded
so nothing really wrong
only delay...

Update.

GFT web book is indeed slow. ( i know the desktop software is quicker - no good for me tho)

Tradefair is the best performer for speed this morning.

Dealing desk is NOT 1 pip spread.

ODL - still playing around with - still too many clicks tho.

Update.

GFT web book is indeed slow. ( i know the desktop software is quicker - no good for me tho)

Tradefair is the best performer for speed this morning.

Dealing desk is NOT 1 pip spread.

ODL - still playing around with - still too many clicks tho.

Are you on demo or live? It's constantly 1 when I use them including this morning. Seem to remember someone saying that prices on live not always reflected on their demo. Be worthwhile to check this out especially if you like scalping. One of the things I like about DD is that as soon as you are filled the same order box is re-presented so you are immediately ready to close/increase the order either in full or in part with a quick adjustment.

Are you on demo or live? It's constantly 1 when I use them including this morning. Seem to remember someone saying that prices on live not always reflected on their demo. Be worthwhile to check this out especially if you like scalping. One of the things I like about DD is that as soon as you are filled the same order box is re-presented so you are immediately ready to close/increase the order either in full or in part with a quick adjustment.

interesting. i am still waiting for my live account to be opened with dealingdesk. why make your demo a different spread size?

interesting. i am still waiting for my live account to be opened with dealingdesk. why make your demo a different spread size?

It happens with many of the SB co's. You would expect the demo to be a serious marketing tool for them, a way to show off in their best light but in reality you will find many demo's bear little resemblance to the real thing. There may be a cost implication for them, if demo is over-used and costly for them to run then most resources would have to be directed at their primary profit source - the live platform.

It happens with many of the SB co's. You would expect the demo to be a serious marketing tool for them, a way to show off in their best light but in reality you will find many demo's bear little resemblance to the real thing. There may be a cost implication for them, if demo is over-used and costly for them to run then most resources would have to be directed at their primary profit source - the live platform.

i appreciate speed as i have tested many demo's and lives in turn.

but a different spread is something i havent come across in the half dozen i have tested.

ah well im going to test everything live so will give you decent conclusions. this is a work in progress feedback thread atm.

been using tradefair live this morning and i dont like how u cannot set a SL on live order entries only pre determined orders.

been running dealing desk and tradefair live all day

im still trying to fund my odl account - not a good start odl...

ive just closed my dealing desk account. Whilst the spreads are fantastic - eurusd 1 pip!!! gbpusd 2pips dax/ftse 1pip

i find the platform confusing - as in im moving at speed and i cannot be arsed to then go back and put in an order on the other side of the trade, I have to do the same process with Tradefair but Dealing Desk doesn't give you the direction of the trade - very confusing. (surely you can remember the direction you placed Francis - probably yes i could but i work in IT so i know what systems can and should deliver.

Tradefair hasn't got as good spreads - eurusd 2pips gbpusd 3 dax/ftse 1pip but i find the platform slightly more manageable and i dont get a processing order box like on dealingdesk.

So at the moment i am running with tradefair even at a pip cost on forex. I await to see what the odl live is like - i like the idea of being able to fill in my limit at the point of order - dealing desk & tradefair - take note im sure you are / will be reading this in the near future.

apologies for posting on 2 threads but hope this helps people in getting a better deal/platform.

been running dealing desk and tradefair live all day

im still trying to fund my odl account - not a good start odl...

ive just closed my dealing desk account. Whilst the spreads are fantastic - eurusd 1 pip!!! gbpusd 2pips dax/ftse 1pip

i find the platform confusing - as in im moving at speed and i cannot be arsed to then go back and put in an order on the other side of the trade, I have to do the same process with Tradefair but Dealing Desk doesn't give you the direction of the trade - very confusing. (surely you can remember the direction you placed Francis - probably yes i could but i work in IT so i know what systems can and should deliver.

Tradefair hasn't got as good spreads - eurusd 2pips gbpusd 3 dax/ftse 1pip but i find the platform slightly more manageable and i dont get a processing order box like on dealingdesk.

So at the moment i am running with tradefair even at a pip cost on forex. I await to see what the odl live is like - i like the idea of being able to fill in my limit at the point of order - dealing desk & tradefair - take note im sure you are / will be reading this in the near future.

apologies for posting on 2 threads but hope this helps people in getting a better deal/platform.
Not a very good forum practice to have 2 identically threads going at the same time. If you are getting confused over SB platforms, I am sure getting confused over you twin threads on the same subject.:)

Not a very good forum practice to have 2 identically threads going at the same time. If you are getting confused over SB platforms, I am sure getting confused over you twin threads on the same subject.:)

im terribly sorry forum police :p