15 ways to avoid losing money

tar

Legendary member
10,443 1,313
That blog should be a stickie. Priceless.

It provides an empirical basis for that which we all inherently suspected was the reality all along. So my 2 in 100 was well off the mark. Just 1 in 360 will make consistent profits from trading. Is this a degree course?

Not sure , anyway it was done on day traders . Here is another one on FX from a member here :

http://theessentialsoftrading.com/B.../starting-to-detail-forex-profitability-data/

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/164594-forex-trader-success-rates-some-real-data.html

"You're right that only 30 were able to be profitable more than 4 straight quarters."

The research was done on 8500 FX accounts 2009-2012 .

Last edited:

Sigma-D

Established member
648 62
I think I have discovered an edge then.

I get 359 people to join me in a trading co-operative. Each of us has a 1/360 chance of consistent success when we all start out. I kill all of them. Now is that an edge or is that an edge?

rsh01

Experienced member
1,184 299
I think I have discovered an edge then.

I get 359 people to join me in a trading co-operative. Each of us has a 1/360 chance of consistent success when we all start out. I kill all of them. Now is that an edge or is that an edge?

the probability of your chance of success stays the same regardless how many you kill ie it remains 1 in 360 (assuming this is correct).........(unless you get rid of almost all mkt participants & thus < 360 participants remain, & they are of <= trading ability to you).

not sure how i can explain better........maybe: where did the 1/360 stat come from? you & your group or thousands of failed + handful of successful traders prior?

Last edited:

Sigma-D

Established member
648 62
t
not sure how i can explain better........maybe: where did the 1/360 stat come from? you & your group or thousands of failed + handful of successful traders prior?
Maybe if you clicked the links posted earlier you would understand better. Explaining better seems a way off yet.

Start small.

Keep plugging.

NVP

Legendary member
37,767 2,101
another way is not to trade at all ............billions of sensible civilians cant be wrong.....

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock