15 bps profit per day...

musslewhite

How realistic is to get a profit of an average of 15 bps (after commissions) profit per day, obviously I imagine there will be good days and bad, but the overall average to be around 15 bps of profit per day?... I have been running models and paper trading for the past 5 months and AT LEAST IN PAPER it appears to be attainable... but all of you REAL traders please tell me... am I building castles in the air or is a 30% annual return something that is doable.

I am not using leverage and trading US stocks only.

Thank you in advance guys.

At 200 trading days a year, htat's 34%, I think that sounds like roughly what warren buffet has acheived... so possible, yes. Especially when you have many adavantages he doesn't. As well as disadvantages he doesn't. Work towards the advantages here.

but all of you REAL traders please tell me... am I building castles in the air or is a 30% annual return something that is doable.

pfft! 30% annual return?! there are threads on here claiming to make 100% per month !! :LOL:

pfft! 30% annual return?! there are threads on here claiming to make 100% per month !! :LOL:

I know,and I respect those opinions, the 100% threads might be talking about using leverage and risking a bit more than I am willing to...

I know,and I respect those opinions, the 100% threads might be talking about using leverage and risking a bit more than I am willing to...

I understand - I was just playin' around. :)

In reality though, it is quite possible to get 15 bps per day but without leverage, it would be difficult. If you haven't traded with real money yet, then I would also recommend you not use leverage to trade until you've got a feel of trading with real money.

Some problems with transitioning from paper trading to live trading are slippage and emotional instability. Paper trading is really nothing like live trading and you'll see that once you make the transition. On the plus side, you've done well in paper trading and now the challenge is to replicate those results with real money.

Start with small position sizes. This likely won't give you the 15 bps you are looking for but as you gain experience, you can scale up slowly.

I also day trade U.S. equities and 15 bps is not all that difficult but it does require a lot of time and practice.

Good luck!

How realistic is to get a profit of an average of 15 bps (after commissions) profit per day, obviously I imagine there will be good days and bad, but the overall average to be around 15 bps of profit per day?... I have been running models and paper trading for the past 5 months and AT LEAST IN PAPER it appears to be attainable... but all of you REAL traders please tell me... am I building castles in the air or is a 30% annual return something that is doable.

I am not using leverage and trading US stocks only.

Thank you in advance guys.

If you're a paper trader how come you have the badge of a coach/trainer under your name?

...or even a pair

Attachments

• trainers.GIF
    trainers.GIF
    37.1 KB · Views: 289
i honestly now make at least 20 a day. I learnt a very simple strategy from the experts at twentytenfx.com and have been trading it ever since.

One thing i have really learnt and has helped me is to be patient, i used to want to be in every possible setup, i would force entries, probably create them in my head, but now i eliminate all my risk and wait for the perfect setup and bank at least 20-30pips a day.
If i get 3-4 entries a day which sometimes happens i bank more.

I also still follow the trade calls and coaching feed from the experts at twentytenfx and they call trades i would never spot which also help to add to the account. but overall i am getting there trading on my own and can hand on heart say i make at least 20pips a day minimum.

i honestly now make at least 20 a day. I learnt a very simple strategy from the experts at twentytenfx.com and have been trading it ever since.

One thing i have really learnt and has helped me is to be patient, i used to want to be in every possible setup, i would force entries, probably create them in my head, but now i eliminate all my risk and wait for the perfect setup and bank at least 20-30pips a day.

I also still follow the trade calls and coaching feed from the experts at twentytenfx and they call trades i would never spot which also help to add to the account. but overall i am getting there trading on my own and can hand on heart say i make at least 20pips a day minimum.

:rolleyes:

"At least X pips per day". And all thanks to the experts at twentytenfx? Good God, there's no end to 'em.

You rock, congratulations!