$100k not enough capital?

MasterOfCoin

Experienced member
1,228 478
Hopefully one day the Central Banks' printing business will also go bust.
Possibly.
But they'll simply re-open it shortly thereafter.

'America' land of the enslaved, managed to get rid of the bank 3 times and that financial liberty was won at massive cost in human suffering and endurance, only to be literally thrown away for personal gain by those entrusted to safeguard it for future generations to enjoy and benefit from.

Cliche or not, the love of money is the root of all evil.

:cautious:

timsk

Legendary member
7,600 2,374
. . . In case your not old enough to remember (I am) interest rates were 15.5% in the 1990's.
That was the rate I paid on my first property in 1990. My entire salary went on it and my then girlfriend (now wife) and I lived off her income. We gambled that rates couldn't go any higher and would soon fall and that, additionally, our respective salaries would quickly rise. Fortunately, the gamble paid off and we were soon saving £500 to £1,000 per month. And, thanks to the wonder that is compound interest, after just 5 years we became mortgage free.

. . . Then we moved to a bigger property.
Tim.

trapped

6 1
Apparently you have to be as good as warren buffet to make 20% net profit on your capital per year as a trader? So with a £100k account, you’ll only be up £20k at the end of a year trading! For this reason, are successful traders (the 1%) working for hedge fund managers and investment banks? As you’ll surely need £1mil capital to make anything decent? Who agrees with this ????

Making 20% on 100bn capital is very different to making 200% on 1m. You just can't trade intraday with that much capital.

G

Guest36985

0 0
Apparently you have to be as good as warren buffet to make 20% net profit on your capital per year as a trader? So with a £100k account, you’ll only be up £20k at the end of a year trading! For this reason, are successful traders (the 1%) working for hedge fund managers and investment banks? As you’ll surely need £1mil capital to make anything decent? Who agrees with this ????
I think the question is moot, for example if you sat a monkey at a desk with 2 buttons on it labeled buy and sell and gave it a dopamine hit every time he pressed either button the $100,000 would be gone very quickly. However if you gave a man with a plan $100,000 and he made one trade per month that netted a 3% return in 10 years he would have $3,471,098.
The real question is how much knowledge do I need to start trading full time!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock