10 Trades

Attached 2 charts with levels to keep an eye on.

Setup on EUR/USD that i've marked up but will be skipping as its in the middle of a range and its a monday which have been dead recently!

Attachments

• EUlevels.PNG
    EUlevels.PNG
    68.1 KB · Views: 149
  • GUlevels.PNG
    GUlevels.PNG
    51.2 KB · Views: 142
One trade yesterday and perhaps chasing it a bit. I'm most happy trading reversals as you (hopefully) are almost always getting in at extremes and its very obvious when you're wrong.

Continuations, particularly buys for some reason (which doesn't make any sense in FX!), I sometimes find difficult to commit to. Maybe I should limit any continuation trades to buying/selling into clean space, instead of into the middle of a range like the trade I have attached.

I only risked half my normal size on it for that reason, and I took a -.2 of my normal 'R' loss on it, so I'm quite happy with how I traded it. This is the kind of trade I need to be quick to cut if it doesn't run my way asap and that's exactly what I did.

Adjusting the amount I want to risk to suit each trade was not part of the original plan and, in hindsight, in the 3 or 4 examples where I've trimmed my risk a bit in the past couple of weeks actually trading my full size would've increased my returns dramatically. However, I have a long way to go and I'm happy to stay within my comfort zone whilst keeping an eye on how any adjustments I make would affect returns.

FOMC this evening so more than likely to be a day of sitting on hands and preserving capital.

Attachments

• EUa.PNG
    EUa.PNG
    58.4 KB · Views: 199
  • EUb.PNG
    EUb.PNG
    59.9 KB · Views: 172
Currently short EUR/USD and stop is at breakeven.

Attachments

• EU1.PNG
    EU1.PNG
    83 KB · Views: 154
second chart to go with the above

Attachments

• EU2.PNG
    EU2.PNG
    57.9 KB · Views: 186
PT1 hit for 0.25R, I traded this in half my normal size as it's FOMC day.

Attachments

• EU3.PNG
    EU3.PNG
    51.3 KB · Views: 138
I've had some success trading news recently, sadly not in full size, but when cable tested yesterday's low to the tick following FOMC announcement last night I saw it as a good chance to sell a break of that level. Quickly took 0.5R off the table and then sadly got stopped at breakeven on the balance, although we did not make it much lower after this so all in all good trade.

Attachments

• GUa.PNG
    GUa.PNG
    69.1 KB · Views: 146
Charts this morning, EUR/USD channeling and would like to sell at the top looking for a move through the lows.

GBP/USD nice longer-term setup with a Higher Low in a decent area, only thing putting me off is you'd be buying into a previous breakdown area, and it could also looks fairly corrective and could be in the process of channeling.

Attachments

• EU.PNG
    EU.PNG
    56.7 KB · Views: 142
  • GU.PNG
    GU.PNG
    53.1 KB · Views: 134
-0.2R on this attempt at selling below the previous low.

Attachments

• GU1.PNG
    GU1.PNG
    69.3 KB · Views: 128
Well the above trade got triggered whilst I was away from my PC so I could not manage it and ended up taking a full loss, not saying I would've done any better but I don't think i'll leave orders in when I'm not around for a while.

One other trade into the end of last week, on Friday I took the attached short setup on cable and took a small 0.2R loss. It didn't make it to my BE point and I pulled the plug pretty quickly, it went on to rally 100 points that afternoon, so well traded in my book!

I don't like the look of either of these pairs today, and Mondays have been a write-off recently, so will be more intent on sitting on the sidelines than normal.

Attachments

• GUb.PNG
    GUb.PNG
    62.6 KB · Views: 116
  • GUa.PNG
    GUa.PNG
    62 KB · Views: 121
Have not traded yet this week, partly because work has been busy (I trade from work) and partly because nothing has jumped out at me. I thought it might be useful to get 'back into it' by doing some levels analysis on G/U and E/U.

Firstly, cable weekly, we can see we've basically been ranging since the drop in 2008.

attachment.php

On the daily, we had a large drop over 9 months into March of this year, a decent rally off the lows, and then a period of fairly messy consolidation since June. Until we break 1.6 I think bias is still short.

attachment.php

Drilling down to the 4h, these are the only levels which stand out, seems a lot of resistance up ast 1.55.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GUWeekly.PNG
    GUWeekly.PNG
    49.9 KB · Views: 441
  • GUdaily.PNG
    GUdaily.PNG
    57.6 KB · Views: 430
  • GU4h.PNG
    GU4h.PNG
    86.3 KB · Views: 426
EUR/USD on the weekly has had a big drop too into this year and has had a nice consolidation since, looking like we're about to break some near term support and test the lows.

attachment.php

And the 4h.

attachment.php

Attachments

• EUWeekly.PNG
    EUWeekly.PNG
    59.2 KB · Views: 422
  • EUDaily.PNG
    EUDaily.PNG
    47.4 KB · Views: 117
  • EU4h.PNG
    EU4h.PNG
    55.5 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
And now all those levels transposed onto my favourite 15m timeframe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• eu15.PNG
    eu15.PNG
    75.2 KB · Views: 430
  • GU15m.PNG
    GU15m.PNG
    85.5 KB · Views: 439
And attached are some extra grey intraday levels of interest.

Attachments

• GUa.PNG
    GUa.PNG
    59.2 KB · Views: 125
  • EUa.PNG
    EUa.PNG
    50.8 KB · Views: 117
Short setup at an intraday level.

Attachments

• EU1.PNG
    EU1.PNG
    64.7 KB · Views: 129
Got a helping hand from US data but gotta trade what you see. Half off for 0.5R and stop to BE.

Attachments

• EU2.PNG
    EU2.PNG
    69.4 KB · Views: 123
Looking to take a quarter off for anothe .5R.

Attachments

• EU3.PNG
    EU3.PNG
    67.3 KB · Views: 119
That's the third quarter filled for 0.5R, so 1R locked in and 1/4 of the position left running. Stop now moved to the second red line and looking for a move lower, no target yet just watching.

Attachments

• eu4.PNG
    eu4.PNG
    66.4 KB · Views: 128