10% deposit - mortgage - rbs

smellybelly

Junior member
25 0
If i have lets say 20,000 cash for a 10% deposit, but i am not working and my credit is quite poor... will a bank still give me the remainder 90% money to get the mortgage?

i just thought of this the other day as i am not too sure... but i kind of have a feeling what the answers will be...
 

bangkoker

Well-known member
314 17
I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope smellybelly, I am not sure the banks are that keen on lending money. Have a couple of friends with good credit and 50% equity in property, who have 10yr records of paying their mortgage payments on time, who have still been declined. I really don't think the banks are that keen to be giving out money unless they have to.

You may have noticed bank shares fell circa 10% the other day.. look at their values now compared to pre-credit crisis, I really don't think they are going to be over keen to lend.

This said I hope for your sake that this isn't the case. I am not in a dis-similar situation and would hope it was possible but I imagine you will need to work hard on your credit rating first.

Good luck:clover::(:clover:
 

Similar threads


AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock