ZuluTrade

doubtfull spread betting is popular outside of the UK, as far as i know, it needs to be FSA approved.
Lord Flasheart, who is your favorite broker?

I use intertrader and gft so that i have the best of both worlds. inter is much better on majors and gft on exotics. Also use aaafx and have accounts with most over the years

exactly my point!! having the best world of whatever you wish to trade! ;)
not blaming it on your broker because it trades forex when you actually need is options and you know it doesnt offer..then it is your fault for not looking for one that does... ;)

I used AAAFX with ZuluTrade for a year and it completly cleaned out my 10K account because of too much negative slippage on each trade (avg. 8 pips), regardless of provider.

I used AAAFX with ZuluTrade for a year and it completly cleaned out my 10K account because of too much negative slippage on each trade (avg. 8 pips), regardless of provider.

8 pips on what. Were you a follower. I use a live account and have little slippage

8 pips on what. Were you a follower. I use a live account and have little slippage

Soooo Flash............I looked at zulu trade and naively assumed the (eventual Live) spreads were going to kill any attempt I made in decent profits to start creating followers there....I would probably be trading relatively Short term on 5min and 15m charts

its not a bad as i thought then ?

N

Soooo Flash............I looked at zulu trade and naively assumed the (eventual Live) spreads were going to kill any attempt I made in decent profits to start creating followers there....I would probably be trading relatively Short term on 5min and 15m charts

its not a bad as i thought then ?

N

Like any broker its hard to scalp with the spreads they offer

Yeah I was a follower and it was no any difference if a provider was a scalper or not. Zulutrade stole avg. 8 pips on each trade. The slippage shown for each provider on the website is a pure lie.
But I also trade manually with aaafx - everything is ok, fast execution, no problem.

doubtfull spread betting is popular outside of the UK, as far as i know, it needs to be FSA approved.
Lord Flasheart, who is your favorite broker?

spreadbetting (tax free) would be a phenomenon if the USA allowed it .........those guys make US traders and investors jump through hoops .....:smart:

N

Yeah I was a follower and it was no any difference if a provider was a scalper or not. Zulutrade stole avg. 8 pips on each trade. The slippage shown for each provider on the website is a pure lie.
But I also trade manually with aaafx - everything is ok, fast execution, no problem.

no way,Im not saying there saints but 8 pip,possibly on an exotic late at night or during news you get up to a 20 pip spread,but in normal conditions no way.They wouldnt be in business if that was the case

dude, nice spamming....we all know that aaafx has full refund in case of turbulent times of the so-called 8pips, should you really experience what you are saying then you could have applied for an audit.
Anyhow, I as well have a followers account with them and frankly, the only tend to see high slippage when the SPs have accounts with other brokers (not always, but usually), so there is a reason to choose an SP that has an account with aaafx..logically.

spreadbetting (tax free) would be a phenomenon if the USA allowed it .........those guys make US traders and investors jump through hoops .....:smart:

well, a lot of things could've been a phenomenon (like another 2008 crisis) if the USA did not had that strict rules... but lets leave it aside, I am curious, though it is a nice idea, why it is popular only in the UK, what about the rest of Europe? Germany, France...Poland?

Last edited:
well, a lot of things could've been a phenomenon (like another 2008 crisis) if the USA did not had that strict rules... but lets leave it aside, I am curious, though it is a nice idea, why it is popular only in the UK, what about the rest of Europe? Germany, France...Poland?

lots of other countries have cfds. Weve had legalised gambling since the 60s so bookmakers are well established and developed spread betting from other betting sources. But why would they take up spread betting when theres no real need and their tax rules are probably different

Started to use Zulutrade as a provider and also concerned about execution for live followers. Seems to work fast so far, but Ava and AAA don't allow orders to be placed "too close" to the market, so I'll likely have to manually enter/exit trades if I want people using such brokers to be able to follow...

Started to use Zulutrade as a provider and also concerned about execution for live followers. Seems to work fast so far, but Ava and AAA don't allow orders to be placed "too close" to the market, so I'll likely have to manually enter/exit trades if I want people using such brokers to be able to follow...

can you eleborate more on that, please. what do you mean by placing orders too close to the market and how not allowing it, seems to be a problem ....i don't think you are trading with pending orders, or?

can you eleborate more on that, please. what do you mean by placing orders too close to the market and how not allowing it, seems to be a problem ....i don't think you are trading with pending orders, or?

Sure,

They don't let place pending orders closer than 8 pips to the current market quotes. And it's the problem for me, cause I usually trade exactly this way: by placing pending orders in advance. Usually stop orders for momentum to fill me into the trade.

Same issue arises in regard to stop-loss orders, which also are only allowed at a certain distance from the market... and 8 pips is not too small distance for my style, sometimes I place stop-loss tighter than that.

It shouldn't be a drama, I try to just manually enter/exit trades while having a "catastrophe" case stop-loss at the constant distance of 15 pips. It's fine for normal market conditions and during the fast market a couple of extra lost pips shouldn't be a tragedy too, I rarely trade fast market intentionally.

Didn't perform enough trades yet to be sure about if that solves the problem, though.

ohh ok!
thanks for the nice remarks. much more clear picture now. well, with manual intervention sounds like you can make it quite well, but time will show. When you are ready post results, so we get to follow you ;)

ohh ok!
thanks for the nice remarks. much more clear picture now. well, with manual intervention sounds like you can make it quite well, but time will show. When you are ready post results, so we get to follow you ;)

Yes, except fast market conditions, manual entry/exit should be the way to go. And if it slips beyond mental stop, there's always a "catastrophe" stop-loss in place (rarely Euro moves that fast, as I don't trade around big news, at least those which are scheduled).

I'm not sure if it's against the rules of T2W to post link, but my name there is "CornixForex_II". :)

More information about the whole approach exists on my personal site (just Google "cornixforex", or click "Visit cornixforex's Homepage" here on T2W, don't want to post a link too, because it contains a small community, which may also be against T2W rules to post).

Not many trades and followers so far, but hopefully more soon. I don't focus on incredible profits like many other providers, rather main focus is solid risk management to avoid big drawdowns (assuming followers use sane position sizing themselves, which is out of my control of course).

Thanks for the interest. :)

Sure,

They don't let place pending orders closer than 8 pips to the current market quotes. And it's the problem for me, cause I usually trade exactly this way: by placing pending orders in advance. Usually stop orders for momentum to fill me into the trade.

Same issue arises in regard to stop-loss orders, which also are only allowed at a certain distance from the market... and 8 pips is not too small distance for my style, sometimes I place stop-loss tighter than that.

It shouldn't be a drama, I try to just manually enter/exit trades while having a "catastrophe" case stop-loss at the constant distance of 15 pips. It's fine for normal market conditions and during the fast market a couple of extra lost pips shouldn't be a tragedy too, I rarely trade fast market intentionally.

Didn't perform enough trades yet to be sure about if that solves the problem, though.

There may be other brokers that will allow this while still using zulu,slippage seems best with aafx though

There may be other brokers that will allow this while still using zulu,slippage seems best with aafx though

Yea, I personally picked Alpari demo account to send signals, because they don't have this limitation. On the other side, AAA is directly connected with Zulu as you said, and must be no slippage there. Yesterday first signal occurred, which was accepted by the follower using Ava, seems to be no slippage either.