ZuluTrade

Yes, that's exactly what we'll be doing. There is already a certain amount of analysis and ranking on Zulutrade's own website, so what kind of analysis would you like to see that isn't already being covered ?

well zulu ranking does not make sense. Nor do other sites.

I would suggest you use industry standards ranking system; such as Sharpe Ratio, Sortino Ratio..etc.

ranking should correlate with performance. If you tell me an SP is raked #1; it should mean $$$ profit if I follow him.

all current sites suck at ranking. No sure about the reason; my guess is conflict of interest. They get paid if you follow SPs; and nobody gives a **** about performance.

think about it; if Zulu get paid by collecting commission from followers; and also not sharing their proceeds with SPs because they had a negative month or a 700 DD; then that works for them. Followers are the pigs who get slaughtered in this case. SPs get nothing.

if SPs makes money; Zulu get to share it with them. That's no good.

It's only a theory; but it makes perfect sense to me at the moment. I could not find any other explanation to why Zulu and others suck at ranking.

same thing with Currensee; they collect 2% management fee from followers regardless if you make money or not. SPs get paid only if they have a profitable month. Currensee is the winner at all times. Hell they rank their SPs to attract sheep.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment robbert. I am one of the traders behind Run Winners Cut Losers. We haven't been going long but we hope to make a big impact on Zulutrade. I have my own concerns in relation to the attractiveness of our strategy to investors but we will review progress after a few months to see if it is worth carrying on with.

Good trading

Nigel

Nigel Ive bookedmarked you zulu account,youve got more guts than me to show it om here. I can see how your trading. You have a max open positions of 11 and yet a max dd of 59 pips. What do you think you max dd will be using that amount of lots.Thanks

Tradency have a major flaw from what I can see. They rank each pair individually and not the overall traders performance. This is a massive advantage for the sp. He can be 1000s pips down and yet one pair could receive a high ranking

Tradency have a major flaw from what I can see. They rank each pair individually and not the overall traders performance. This is a massive advantage for the sp. He can be 1000s pips down and yet one pair could receive a high ranking

yep they all have a secret rope they hang on to.

I would suggest you use industry standards ranking system; such as Sharpe Ratio, Sortino Ratio..etc.

In order to do that, there would need to be an easy way of retrieving any SP's complete trading record, line-by-line. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any option of that on Zulutrade. Unless there is an API or something I don't know about ? .....

In order to do that, there would need to be an easy way of retrieving any SP's complete trading record, line-by-line. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see any option of that on Zulutrade. Unless there is an API or something I don't know about ? .....

good news is all trades (line by line) are available in zulu

you need to scramble html.

you will need to download both open and closed positions. the sites with both data are: Zulu, Collective2. (y)

Currensee only have the closed positions. so it's really no good for analyzing trades. some SPs keeps positions open for months. :mad: (n)

good news is all trades (line by line) are available in zulu

you need to scramble html.

you will need to download both open and closed positions. the sites with both data are: Zulu, Collective2. (y)

Currensee only have the closed positions. so it's really no good for analyzing trades. some SPs keeps positions open for months. :mad: (n)

Not really feasible, as far as I can see. If all trades were on a single page, then it might be, although still a PITA to do it for multiple SP's. I came across a site called Zulutrade Analyzer - presumably he is scraping data automatically, which suggests an API. I can't write to him to see how he did it because his contact page is broken ....

Not really feasible, as far as I can see. If all trades were on a single page, then it might be, although still a PITA to do it for multiple SP's. I came across a site called Zulutrade Analyzer - presumably he is scraping data automatically, which suggests an API. I may write to him to see how he did it.

i did it myself with simple java app. there are plenty of examples on the net. all languages nowadays do html.

from your perspective; you only need to download the trades on weekly basis; and no need to download all SPs; just top 100 or something.

Nigel Ive bookedmarked you zulu account,youve got more guts than me to show it om here. I can see how your trading. You have a max open positions of 11 and yet a max dd of 59 pips. What do you think you max dd will be using that amount of lots.Thanks

Thanks for bookmarking it Lord Flasheart.

The 11 open positions was too high. I started trading the Zulutrade account the way I trade my normal account. After subsequently looking at how Zulutrade ranks and who gets followers I realised my style would be too aggressive. The reason there were 11 positions open with such little drawdown was because they were all in profit.

With respect to the max drawdown I intend it never to go above that 59 pips that's there at the minute. I had originally thought that 50 pips would be a good maximum but I think we must have been slipped on a stop or something.

I would agree with the general view on here that the ranking system is a bit warped. I think alphadude might be onto something in relation to the high ranking of signal providers who generate the most commission, not necessarily the best results or this that are the most responsible. It is for that reason that I am sceptical as to how well Run Winners Cut Losers will do, because I just can't see it getting the rankings with the low trade success ratio it has. As I said, we will review how we are getting on in a few months time and decide whether it is worth continuing.

Good conversation though guys, I've enjoyed reading the last few pages on here.

Good trading, enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

Nigel

Thanks for the comment robbert. I am one of the traders behind Run Winners Cut Losers. We haven't been going long but we hope to make a big impact on Zulutrade. I have my own concerns in relation to the attractiveness of our strategy to investors but we will review progress after a few months to see if it is worth carrying on with.

Good trading

Nigel

Hello Nigel:) :clap:
Happy to see you here as well mate, I noticed you from your comments in the zulu-forum - you've made some really nice points there, and I was thinking that this guy knows his stuff (y)

Attachments

• chart(12).jpg
    chart(12).jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 146
Hello Nigel:) :clap:
Happy to see you here as well mate, I noticed you from your comments in the zulu-forum - you've made some really nice points there, and I was thinking that this guy knows his stuff (y)

Thanks for the kind remarks Robbert. I'm trying to get across the point on there that if you are trend trading you need to give it some time to get established on a trend. You need to give it a month at least, but the returns come and when they do, they are worth the wait. Zulutrade is dominated by scalpers so I think some followers almost expect to sign up and start making constant pips from every trade from the get go. My last live follower followed me for a grand total of two days!

That's why I say I see a lot of the psychology that hinders new traders affect them on Zulutrade as well, jumping around from strategy to strategy, never giving anything the time to work. I sometimes feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall, but I'll continue for a while yet!

Thanks again for the vote of confidence.

Good trading

Nigel

Nigel thanks for the e-mail exchange......Good luck with it

trying to get my demo or whatever going on zulutrade

3 pip spread on E/U ....theyre kidding ...right ?

N

Zulutrade is dominated by scalpers so I think some followers almost expect to sign up and start making constant pips from every trade from the get go. My last live follower followed me for a grand total of two days!

That's why I say I see a lot of the psychology that hinders new traders affect them on Zulutrade as well, jumping around from strategy to strategy, never giving anything the time to work. I sometimes feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall, but I'll continue for a while yet!

Thanks again for the vote of confidence.

Good trading

Nigel

Nigel, do not put it down, two days is not that bad afterall. You stick to your strategies and I am sure all will be fine. there are followers that do not like scalping techniques - afterall we have seen quite well that on the long run these systems do not last forever.

Good trading 2 you, and good following for me :smart: