ZuluTrade

thanks brettus
------------------------

has any developed a selection criteria template for sifting through providers?

i should build one, would help to hone in on potential "traders" as opposed to gamblers

1] min. no# weeks providing
2] max. no# trades open at any one time
3] holding positions over weekend yes/no
4] DD
5] "averaging" tendencies
6] opens multiple positions at the same time
7] etc etc

note: the list isnt meant to be right or wrong, but rather a means of building a profile

Stop Loss

Kama is reckless because he averages down in his losing trades and doesn't use SL orders , now his DD or ranking or the number of survived months is irrelevant , F8 survived 3 years does that mean he is not a reckless trader ? And FCC maintained his #1 ranking with a smooth equity curve for a long time . You could trade martingale and survive for a good period of time , but it's still considered risky and reckless . As long as the trader is averaging down and trades without a SL then he is not a good trader and he doesn't know how to trade properly and he's bound to blow up at anytime , any good trader should see that , Kama shouldn't be a matter to discuss between traders .

Just my 2 cents .

Kama is reckless because he averages down in his losing trades and doesn't use SL orders , now his DD or ranking or the number of survived months is irrelevant , F8 survived 3 years does that mean he is not a reckless trader ? And FCC maintained his #1 ranking with a smooth equity curve for a long time . You could trade martingale and survive for a good period of time , but it's still considered risky and reckless . As long as the trader is averaging down and trades without a SL then he is not a good trader and he doesn't know how to trade properly and he's bound to blow up at anytime , any good trader should see that , Kama shouldn't be a matter to discuss between traders .

Just my 2 cents .

Crazy equity curve based off EURJPY moving average crossover. Survives for 4 years almost.

Attachments

• crazyequitycurve.jpg
    crazyequitycurve.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 164
you're easily pleased

You need to see them take hits with stop losses. Those 97% strats. I have no idea when they will close a position. They may never do. Seeing them take hits means they are at least tempting to protect their account.

I actually look at it in this order. It's not necessarily the best, but it usually cuts out the crap fast.
1) Win ratio. max i will look at is around 70%, anything higher makes me question their risk:reward. They might be really good, but i doubt it somehow.
2) Max DD. It's not right, but it's not terrible. You can look at the drawdown chart to get a better idea.
3) Max number of open positions. Check this against pips drawdown to get a better idea.
4) Average pips per trade.
5) Number of trades. I guess 100+ if they open a max 2 positions at a time. Not sure about this.
6) Don't really need ROI. It obvious from the other stats including pips. Messed up stat as well.
7) Lastly, I would look at their trades, to see if they have been consistent. Not like 5 big winners at the start and now they are scalping.

I still would like to see a predefined hard SL , something systemic , the: i will manage my losses or i will manage my risk or please add 50-150 SL to your positions that wont work , i need to see in his profile and track record the use of a systemic hard SL .

I still would like to see a predefined hard SL , something systemic , the: i will manage my losses or i will manage my risk or please add 50-150 SL to your positions that wont work , i need to see in his profile and track record the use of a systemic hard SL .

Fair play. I agree to this also.

Just my 2 cents .

Averaging down is not necessarily recklesss as it can be part of the trade plan to secure a better trade location within the context of a directional play in the plan provided the main premise of the trade is not violated. Similarity in form may be different in substance as we do not know the premise of the trade plan for having multi tier entries rather than a singular entry particularly when you are positioning for swing rather than scalp.

I agree not having SL is a disaster waiting to happen but with Kama and the brief period I had a look at his trades, they did come with SL unlike FCC with open positions without SL.

Yea I'm sure there is lots. Just hard to see with Zulutrades messed up ranking. Not impossible to find though.

I think that anyone with less than 60% win ratio is more likely to be legit. With that ratio you're more likely to be taking smaller losses than your winners. Low max DD %. Not that it works on zulutrade. Has to be a decent amount of pips per trade otherwise you'll get killed in the extra spread and comms. Azar consulting doesn't look too bad, but he hasn't done enough trades for me.

there is a round way to avoid the ranking that i use - and this is the advanced search when you sets to find anything as per how you like it.
I use it from time to time :cool:

Averaging down is not necessarily recklesss as it can be part of the trade plan to secure a better trade location within the context of a directional play in the plan provided the main premise of the trade is not violated. Similarity in form may be different in substance as we do not know the premise of the trade plan for having multi tier entries rather than a singular entry particularly when you are positioning for swing rather than scalp.

I agree not having SL is a disaster waiting to happen but with Kama and the brief period I had a look at his trades, they did come with SL unlike FCC with open positions without SL.

Yes scaling-in is acceptable if it was planned for with a SL in place , but averaging down in losing trades without a SL just to make 20 pips or so is reckless , believe me Kama don't use stops wait and see just a matter of time .

most of the conversation hinges on zulu providers who are akin to gamblers (high risk) as opposed to "traders"

have you come across any providers who you believe behave more like traders?
ie., prudent risk management, yet also generate decent returns

i have a name for you, just bumped into him and would like to share - Hake Hake is the name ZuluTrade - Trader Performance - Hake Hake
check out the results! are really impressive !

Why does robbert seem so terribly confused all the time??
It's as if he doesn't read any of the threads or it's more than 1 person posting on that nic.

Peter

we were though that.....i do forget the threads really sometimes...:eek::eek:
but i put the zulu name not the one here(Sainthake) as i was mistaken in the morning searching for him...

plays games with the pip count........what's next?

jungles,

don't be ungrateful , i took time off to reply to you and not only that you did not thank you, but accused me of something i am not. :confused:
that's what i get when i get to be nice. Not nice! (n)

robbert, roberta, robina, it doesnt matter to me

come on, it's time for a hug

jungles,

don't be ungrateful , i took time off to reply to you and not only that you did not thank you, but accused me of something i am not. :confused:
that's what i get when i get to be nice. Not nice! (n)

Robert, come on chap,its beginning to get offnsive when several guys use the same nic.Why not get your mates to use a different name.I dont want to completely lose respect for the one of you that talks common sense