Your favourite quote.

Trendie - in his blog

Finally, I think I understand my frustration with trading.
I think realists just see the world as it is, and jump in and deal with all the good and bad, and roll with the punches.
I, and many others, may be perfectionsists and idealists, and are offended by the messy nature of the markets, and look for aesthetics, beauty in the untidy action. I think thats why many are attracted to the esoteric, mystical, mathematical perfection, which may actually not exist. Losses are an offence against the musical beauty.
Well, markets are messy, and its OK to be messy.
I dont have to be perfect. As long as I brush my teeth and take a shower once a day, and chew with my mouth closed, I can pass for bearable. Doesnt matter if I get a few things wrong now and then. Same with my trading.
I am not brilliant, but I actually make money. Losses still hurt.
But I follow principles which keep me in at low-risk.

"In a free-enterprise system we obviously need highly definite and stable rules of the game, especially as to money. The monetary rules must be compatible with the reasonably smooth working of the system."
- Henry Calvert Simons
(must be rollong over in his grave)

Tony,
I'll explain why I can't get into that with you...I could dissect that quote word by word and I suspect I could spend all day doing it and discussing it and I think we'd still need more time...it's a very subtle quote..by the way did you get the recipe for making soda pop...LOL

In what way (or which ways) do you think that no longer holds?

1 or 2 weeks ago the head of the bank of england said "we shall not bail out investors"
they just bailed out a bank :LOL:

FSA covers deposits up to 2,000 quid, and 90% up to 30 k (odd).
yesterday: full deposit insurance. :LOL:

wonder whats next :eek:

Ah, a subtle quote. That's why I would have missed it....

Not covered Soda Pop yet, but quite stunned so far with the timliness (and timelessness) of his thinking. All this talk of edges in other threads rather misses the real edge of getting the real basics, which get missed for being precisely that. LOL.

Wrong thread for discussion. Actually, wrong medium for discussion.

1 or 2 weeks ago the head of the bank of england said "we shall not bail out investors"
they just bailed out a bank :LOL:

FSA covers deposits up to 2,000 quid, and 90% up to 30 k (odd).
yesterday: full deposit insurance. :LOL:

wonder whats next :eek:

I know we are not out of the woods yet but how well do you think the financial crises has been handled?

Other than a small delay I think the patients condition is stabilising... :rolleyes:

I even made +6 pips out of NR today but my confidence gave way before the Fed speek.

We ( I don't remember him asking me ) choose to go to the moon and do the other things ( like what ) not because they are easy but because they are hard ( damn - its hard enough getting outa bed in the morning )
JFK and ( the rest of us )

Stupidest football quotes :-

"I couldn't settle in Italy — it was like living in a foreign country."
Ian Rush reveals the reason behind his failed spell at Juventus.

"I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona."
Former Aston Villa playmaker Mark Draper points out where Ian Rush went wrong.

"The important thing was we got the three points."
Silverware clearly means nothing to Chelsea's Wayne Bridge following their Carling Cup final win against Arsenal. What is more worrying is that at no point on the way to the game did he ask anyone why they were playing at the Millennium Stadium that day.

"Germany are a very difficult team to play — they had 11 internationals out there today."
Northern Ireland midfielder Steve Lomas explains why Germany outplayed them

"We didn't underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought."
Bobby Robson after England nearly lost to Cameroon in the 1990 World Cup.

"I never make predictions and I never will."
Paul Gascoigne gets it instantly wrong

"If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again."
Terry Venables states the bleedin' obvious

"What I said to them at half-time would be unprintable on the radio."
Ex-Spurs boss Gerry Francis

"Luis Figo is totally different to David Beckham, and vice versa."
Keegan makes yet another appearance.

"I'll be a great England manager" - Steve McClaren

JK

Friends - The One With The Ultimate Fighting Champion
PETE BECKER: Let me tell you a story. When I set out to create Moss 865, do you think it just happened overnight? No. There was Moss 1, that burnt down my Dad's garage, there was Moss 2 that would only schedule appointments in January, and 862 others that I learned from, just like I learned from this fight, never to let a guy stand on my neck.

"Obviously the thing to do was to be bullish in a bull market and bearish in a bear market."
--Jesse Livermore​