www.eodtradingsignals.com

Hi Nick

Thanks for replying mate.... can you recommend provide links of (UK) SB companies that allow for 1p trading?? also what does 1p/pip mean?? does "pip" mean points?? did i mention i was new to this :rolleyes:

I think www.finspreads.com does 1p per pip trading if you open a new SB account. It's not brilliant to trade with when you enlarge your bet size, but its perfectly ok to start with. Yes, 'pip' means points.

Nick

Eod

EOD Have not been doing so well lately.
1. I saw that they held on to the dow at 400 points in minus at one stage.
2. Signal was given the night before on the closing price on CAC, traders in minus at opening. Whereby EOD can show a profit here of 79.
3. Dax long next day closed it with 100 loss.
4. Dax short by opening yesterday 30.7 7460? its now 7578
In between all of the above trades they had a position on the FTSE which went against them the first day then on the 2nd they closed it in plus for a few points.

Anyway I have lost trust with them.

Last edited:
A couple of points to consider:

1) 400pts on the Dow is not a large drawdown if you are looking to hold a position for at least a couple of days
2) Our results are based on the official opening prices of the day: it is your responsibility to get as close to that price as possible. That, no doubt, is how you managed to make a loss when we made a profit, and made a larger loss than us on the Dax.
3) We were 90% accurate for the first 5 months of this year, but even we cannot avoid losses. For the record, I regularly monitor lots of other systems and signal providers and they are suffering much more than we are during these summer months. I don't blame you for getting disheartened after a couple of losses, but let's be realistic about trading: losses are to be expected and usually come together.

Cu2,

It might be a good idea for you to email me regarding that CAC trade as it actually opened 25pts higher on the morning you had to close your position. I really can't see how you could have lost money on that so I think you may be not following the signals correctly, or perhaps you need a better broker.

A couple of points to consider:

1) 400pts on the Dow is not a large drawdown if you are looking to hold a position for at least a couple of days
2) Our results are based on the official opening prices of the day: it is your responsibility to get as close to that price as possible. That, no doubt, is how you managed to make a loss when we made a profit, and made a larger loss than us on the Dax.
3) We were 90% accurate for the first 5 months of this year, but even we cannot avoid losses. For the record, I regularly monitor lots of other systems and signal providers and they are suffering much more than we are during these summer months. I don't blame you for getting disheartened after a couple of losses, but let's be realistic about trading: losses are to be expected and usually come together.

A 400 point drawdown is a lot when you state buy 10 contracts, thats 4000.
No it was your loss I was talking about, the loss on the Dax was about 100 points sorry I just corrected that. I am just watching how you are doing, so you don't need to talk about my trading.

No one is doupting that losses are all part of the exersise. You say that losses usually come together that's a new one to me.
Your right about the summer months, and other signal providers are not doing better, that's why it is better to just stay away. Believe me I would of much rather had the dax go down another 400 points. Give it time and it will get close.

As I suspected, you have misunderstood part of the signals. Our signals never tell you how much to stake on any signal as that is dependent upon your bank and numerous other factors.

If you wish to continue trading our signals, please email me directly so I can see where you are going wrong.

Regarding the "losses come together", what I mean is that turbulent times and unpredictable movements are the number 1 cause of losing trades, so it is quite easy for a short period of turbulence to take out a number of trades that you had open simultaneously.

Unlike other signal providers, we are so confident in our signals, we have a unique and market-leading PROFIT GUARANTEE. If our signals are not profitable in any quarter, we'll immediately give you your money back !

Hi EODTradingSignals,

I’m a marketing consultant by day so please forgive me for my nit picking. I noticed this profit guarantee on your website and found it to be slightly vague. I would just like to ask; what do you specifically mean by the part I’ve highlighted in bold?

Do you mean that after any 1 quarter within the year I’m guaranteed at least 1 trade within that quarter to be profitable?

or

Do you mean that you guarantee a profit at the end of at least 1 quarter within the year?

I would just like some clarification on this.

Thanks

Lote

Hello Lote,

All the detail is in the Terms & Conditions on our site, but basically if the combined trades in any quarter total a percentage loss (ie less than 0%) then we will refund the price you paid for our signals in that quarter.

Hello Lote,

All the detail is in the Terms & Conditions on our site, but basically if the combined trades in any quarter total a percentage loss (ie less than 0%) then we will refund the price you paid for our signals in that quarter.

please remove the link from your signature now

I did ask EOD to prove that he did what he practiced.
However, feeeling is that like a lot others EOD makes money by selling tips and not acting on them.
I did ask for proof but that was declined, though politely. Funny , V Stanzione also made big claims and asked me for 100/month for access to his tips but when I asked for a copy/screen shot of his bookie account, he did a runner.
Unless there is no proof......and only fancy claims, it would make sense to avoid tipsters....no matter how good they claim they are!!!

In your private email to me some weeks ago, you asked - rather aggressively I might add - to see copies of my personal spreadbetting account. Would you send your accounts to a complete stranger ?? I don't think so. Also, as I told you at the time, copies of statements is not proof: any fraudster could fake them in Photoshop in a matter of minutes.

All of our signals are based on technical analysis and are mechanical systems - I am not passing myself off as some guru who can foretell the markets, so my personal trading is not relevant. Especially as my spreadbetting statement has a mixture of various systems that I'm currently working on plus my own discretionary trading. I probably trade about 90% of the signals that are sent to our subscribers, as I miss some due to being away (out of the country, without internet, etc.). Sometimes I choose to over-ride the exit signals as well, so my trading statement doesn't bear much relation to our signals. All of our results are on the front page of our site, and if they were a work of fiction - as is being implied by 'R Gupta' - then I think somebody would have proved it by now and it would be all over forums like this one.

I've noticed that people are very quick to criticise any signal or system seller, and seem to presume they are liars until proven otherwise. Some people also have strange expectations of trading. Earlier in this thread it was remarked that one of our trades was at a loss for the first day, but then we closed with a small profit the next day .... and this was mentioned as proof that we hadn't been doing too well recently !! For the record, July was profitable (like every other month this year) though by a smaller amount, due to the extreme volatility in the markets.

Oh well, can't please everyone I guess.

Last edited:
I am afraid, I have to disagree.
I am happy to provide a screenshot of my account to anybody as I have nothing to hide, never mind ridiculous claims.
You could perhaps learn my login name at the most but even with your genius, I doubt if you could guess my password.....and vice versa.

Also, you claim to send one tip a day. However, interestingly between 13/7 and 2/8 there seem to be only 2 or 3. This again is suspicious.

I also understand that you have 100s of clients. Assuming that you have even 300, you are netting 9000 pm in selling tips alone. Who needs to work with a salary like that, much less risk it away!!
But then it is you who have something to hide!

You are free to disagree, but please get your facts rights. We send an email every day not a tip every day. In other words, we send an email even when there are no new signals. That way people know that they haven't missed anything. Also, our website shows only closed trades so you are not taking into account trades which are still open.

You are making assumptions and statements about my business, when you clearly don't know what you are talking about. What's worse is that you don't seem to have the good grace to admit when you've made a mistake or even concede that you may be wrong.

I presume you also have no experience of running a business. If we had 300 clients that would equal 9000 per month as you say but what about advertising, tax, staff, rent, etc. It's not quite as simple as you make it out to be.

Having looked at your posts on this forum, they are nearly all overwhelmingly cynical and suspicious so I guess you have had some bad experiences in the past.

Last edited:
I've been subscribing to the service for a couple of months and have to say that overall i'm very happy with it.

I agree that using the official opening/closing prices can seem a bit misleading and i would prefer to see prices that were available to trade used in the results. The reality is though that although my entry and exit figures are a bit different to the ones on the website the difference has been in my favour just as often as in theirs.

If your trading syle is about tight stops and taking small profits this is clearly not going to be for you but if you are comfortable with holding a position for a few days and not getting too anxious if it moves away from you for a while then this is a good service.

Hi jwhite8359,

Thanks for your comments.

Regarding the use of official opening/closing prices, there are a number of reasons behind that decision.

1) It is very easy to check the validity of the prices, even years after the event. In other words, anyone can go to Yahoo, FT, etc., and check whether the Dow (for example) really opened at the price we said it did in our past performance.
2) Spreadbetting companies all quote slightly different prices and of course quote outside of market hours. Most of our signals have a take profit level, and it would be chaos if some of the SB companies hit that price and others didn't: there is no confusion if we base our take profit level on the official price.
3) All of our systems are forward-tested over years of data to see how they would hold up over bull & bear markets. Spreadbetting prices are simply not available for this kind of analysis, so if we were to test over official data but then report results using SB data it would invalidate the whole exercise. Technically, their prices are also their copyright so we may not even be allowed to use them.

Sometimes the official opening price is a better one than we (subscribers & I) get, sometimes it is worse. Over time I believe it evens itself out or may even be in your favour.

I certainly agree the use of official prices is not perfect but it is the least worst option !!

And yes, I'd agree if you like tight stops then our service is not right for you. However, I've tested a *lot* of systems in my time and wide stops with sensible entry/exit rules over an average of a few days trading, is the most profitable way forward (IMHO).

Last edited:
There are many trading systems out there

Some are free. As a for instance look in yahoo groups for 'thestockowl' group, this is a free system that was originally discussed at the holygrailsm board. You will also be able to find other systems discussed there.

Read The Facts

If you read the EOD website there are no promises.... just a few plain facts.
They offer some hope and confidence in the form of past results - Compare them with your own results! :rolleyes:
They also offer a money back guarantee ON THEIR SUBSCRIPTION if they are not profitable in any quarter... therefore the market may well sting you but they DO NOT EARN from you if their signals fail in the quarter.
So.. they are a bit cheap on subscription... er.. YES!! Lets Complain because we are not getting ripped off!! DOH! :confused:
We must remember that SpreadBETTING is a GAMBLE and there are NO GUARANTEES in any gamble or it would not be a gamble!! - and so there would not be such returns to be made & (lost)
EOD and all other signal providers simply offer a guide for you to follow or not... and if you read the disclaimers on all of the websites... they all state the score quite clearly!!

So come on.... pull your socks up and get on with it!!

::) GOOD LUCK

Guarantee

I now see that EOD no longer offer the money back guarantee. With their records I cannot see why not. Perhaps it was for a limited time only.

Agree on money back or at least no charge

I've always felt that if you had a good system, offer it at a competitive price, no charge for losing signals, and build your business on results.

Last edited: