Would you pay £100-£200 to attend a Day Seminar, presented by Trader Dante?

• Yes

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Depends

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whyohwhy

In response to Trader Dantes' poll .... http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-career-advice/67278-how-many-people.html
I would like to start another poll/relating question......

The format would include sessions such as, personal journey, trading overview, live trading, psychology, Q&A etc.
Obviously, not much can be 'taught' in a day, so i envisage a fun and interesting day, but with an invite to have extended sessions for more serious wannabe traders.

Just to be clear, I have not spoken or communicated about this with Tom or T2W in any way.

I think you'd be much better off taking Dante to a pub and buying him beer for an evening, cheaper, more personal and I think you'd extract far more gems from him.

71.43% no HAHAHAHAHAA

I'd buy him a packet of crisps, a wispa and £48 worth of alcohol but I wouldn't put my cash in his hand for information he just can't seem to hold in anyway ;)

What would you get out of it? He trades professionally so I can learn fro him. I'd go as far as 46.00 inc VAT.
I could probably learn from you but our talks descend into either some sort of gay propositioning on your side or heroin. pity too cos you seen quite clued up for a 22 year old.

I remember many years ago a couple of the Trade2win mods wanted to do a paid seminar, but it didnt get much interest and was quietly forgotten about.

That was Skimbleshanks who IS a very good trader.
The other two were Chartman and FTSEBeater - who came to my seminar instead :)
Richard

Trader Dante has my vote of confidence. (y)

Material like his trading setups explained on a structured day's presentation is likely to be worth £000s to rookie traders.

Horses for courses...

So what is your point??? Humour me.

In response to Trader Dantes' poll .... http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-career-advice/67278-how-many-people.html
I would like to start another poll/relating question......

The format would include sessions such as, personal journey, trading overview, live trading, psychology, Q&A etc.
Obviously, not much can be 'taught' in a day, so i envisage a fun and interesting day, but with an invite to have extended sessions for more serious wannabe traders.

Just to be clear, I have not spoken or communicated about this with Tom or T2W in any way.

Why would anyone pay Trader Dante for a day seminar, IMO there are wealth of information scattered around in his posts, threads and in his private forum for free. I dont think he can summarize it all in a day.. Unless he is planning to sell his holygrail :LOL:

Trader Dante has my vote of confidence. (y)

Material like his trading setups explained on a structured day's presentation is likely to be worth £000s to rookie traders.

Horses for courses...

So what is your point??? Humour me.

Did you just say they're worth zeroes of pounds? It's hard to disagree with that... :whistling

I chose "depends".

these vague questions only cause speculation.

if, for example, it was clear that the day consisted of:

charting package(s) to be used
news feeds to be used (if applicable)
trading platforms to be used (eg, for swing-trading, best SB, for DMA, ideal broker)
minimum trading capital required to be worth trading
defining a trading plan
determining risk management with illustrations

followed by showing RECENT, CONSECUTIVE trades over several days.
( this helps newbies to see trading successfully can be done NOW, as opposed to select perfect trades ages ago. and also, rather than cherry-picking great trades, a consecutive read of trades, can illustrate to newbies that you have to trade many scratch or borderline trades while waiting for the great runs. this latter part also illustrates to attendees the skill of the trader.)
then, a overview of defining daily bias, key trading times. etc.

only then can potential attendees make any meaningful decision whether to attend or not.

maybe my response reflects I'm less of a newbie.
but psychology, whilst important, can descend into vague, meaningless jibber-jabber, that just wastes time.
the seminar needs to show something constructive rather than whimsical "personal journeys" and psychology.

I would happy to spend £200 for a day to learn something practical.

Any day course where someone consistently showed that he/she could trade live, profitably, would be worth attending. Especially if they did it using spread betting, which would be close to a miracle and worth far more than £200.:)

I chose "depends".

these vague questions only cause speculation.

if, for example, it was clear that the day consisted of:

charting package(s) to be used
news feeds to be used (if applicable)
trading platforms to be used (eg, for swing-trading, best SB, for DMA, ideal broker)
minimum trading capital required to be worth trading
defining a trading plan
determining risk management with illustrations

followed by showing RECENT, CONSECUTIVE trades over several days.
( this helps newbies to see trading successfully can be done NOW, as opposed to select perfect trades ages ago. and also, rather than cherry-picking great trades, a consecutive read of trades, can illustrate to newbies that you have to trade many scratch or borderline trades while waiting for the great runs. this latter part also illustrates to attendees the skill of the trader.)
then, a overview of defining daily bias, key trading times. etc.

only then can potential attendees make any meaningful decision whether to attend or not.

maybe my response reflects I'm less of a newbie.
but psychology, whilst important, can descend into vague, meaningless jibber-jabber, that just wastes time.
the seminar needs to show something constructive rather than whimsical "personal journeys" and psychology.

I would happy to spend £200 for a day to learn something practical.

I think your considerations and approach nails it on the head. Give or take anything between £200-£300 for a full days structured course I think is good value.

It would also depend on whether that is in a class room for a dozen or so bodies as opposed to an auditorium with couple of hundred.

I reckon promising big gains and charging £1000 p/d as if one is receiving some special piece of knowledge that will buy you the goose that lays the golden egg is ridiculous (eg. Greg Suckers - Traders University course).

Bear in mind peoples time - experience and course preparation all take time. There is also likely to be material and rental costs associated with it.

If on the course you were likely to have a personal talk from Tom Hougard or George Soros - how is that likely to change the valuation of that course.

I'd guess brand value and a premium can be justified. That reputation and brand value has to be earned.

To discuss it in terms of a sceptical or cynical approach to state well if they were any good why aren't they just purely trading is not necessarily the right or fair approach to take.

I went to a restaurant yesterday with a family group to celebrate my wife's birthday.

The cost brought home to me the way money has devalued over the years. 200 quid represented nine months pay for my father and six weeks pay to me 40 years ago. That, doubled, can go on a normal restaurant bill and shows what has happened to savers' money over 50 years. I bring this up because I don't want to be too quick to criticise the price of a good day's tuition. I paid 110 euros for winter shirts and three pair of underpants yesterday. I know a bargain when I see one! :D