Working in Spain...

Wiggy

Hi there.. (first post here and loving it!)

I've been around London a year or so now trading equities and have thought about going to Spain and doing the 'spank shop' thang.

I've been offered a position in a place trading a variety of things and so far everything seems, above board. I have heard of some terrible shakey operations and 'boiler rooms' being run out of Spain.

Just after any honest feedback on the winfalls and pitfalls of working over there, as the deal that on the table seems to be 'too good to be true' and hence im extremely wary of walking into a nasty situation, when im giving up a decent wicket here for the unkown on the premise of even richer pickings of there (if it goes to plan of course).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Wiggy

Spank Shop?

Hoping you havent left yet, but heres the heads up:

You say you have been trading equities, have you been doing that for a firm under contract? If you have been, then you would be unwise to ditch it.

No company opens up in Spain to legitmately trade stock, they are ALL chop shops, and profit from hard selling over priced house stock. Stock is ramped giving customers short term gains, they then invest considerably more on the trust that has been developed, then the shares plummet. But the 'Brokers' don't care as they have fully fleeced the investor.

By operating in Spain they are away from the auspices of the FSA though they are still violated the Investment Services Directive and it won't be long before the EU starts clamping down on this illegal activity. This is a serious crime and US and UK authorities have arrested and imprisoned off the strength of illegal investment companies.

Generally those who profit are the sharks who run the firms, as they can scalp their own 'brokers' and there is little they can do about it. who they going to run to.

Finally do you really think its in the interests of your career, to do a job you can more than cope with here and make more than enough cash in the City. Remember 3000 new millionaires were created this Autumn Bonus Season.... You are being a sold a crooked job by a crook who is a salesman.

Tread carefully at your own peril.

Wiggy said:
Hi there.. (first post here and loving it!)

I've been around London a year or so now trading equities and have thought about going to Spain and doing the 'spank shop' thang.

I've been offered a position in a place trading a variety of things and so far everything seems, above board. I have heard of some terrible shakey operations and 'boiler rooms' being run out of Spain.

Just after any honest feedback on the winfalls and pitfalls of working over there, as the deal that on the table seems to be 'too good to be true' and hence im extremely wary of walking into a nasty situation, when im giving up a decent wicket here for the unkown on the premise of even richer pickings of there (if it goes to plan of course).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Wiggy
You have been given very sincere and correct advice in the post above, by badgerbadger.

You ought to be completely sensible and take it, is my impartial view of the matter.

Re: Spank Shop?

Hoping you havent left yet, but heres the heads up:

You say you have been trading equities, have you been doing that for a firm under contract? If you have been, then you would be unwise to ditch it.

No company opens up in Spain to legitmately trade stock, they are ALL chop shops, and profit from hard selling over priced house stock. Stock is ramped giving customers short term gains, they then invest considerably more on the trust that has been developed, then the shares plummet. But the 'Brokers' don't care as they have fully fleeced the investor.

By operating in Spain they are away from the auspices of the FSA though they are still violated the Investment Services Directive and it won't be long before the EU starts clamping down on this illegal activity. This is a serious crime and US and UK authorities have arrested and imprisoned off the strength of illegal investment companies.

Generally those who profit are the sharks who run the firms, as they can scalp their own 'brokers' and there is little they can do about it. who they going to run to.

Finally do you really think its in the interests of your career, to do a job you can more than cope with here and make more than enough cash in the City. Remember 3000 new millionaires were created this Autumn Bonus Season.... You are being a sold a crooked job by a crook who is a salesman.

Tread carefully at your own peril.

Hey Badger Badger,

I need some advice. I have been offered a position as a trainee equity dealer at a Company called City Equities...hve u heard of them and are they a scam?

you could try reading properly to start with. The last post was in 2005!!!

you could try reading properly to start with. The last post was in 2005!!!

Yea I did Neil but I thought it might be worth a shot even if I got some sort of reply...I dont suppose u would be able to help me...I have been offered a position as a trainee equity dealer at a Company called city equities...hve u heard of them and if so is it a scam?

Yea I did Neil but I thought it might be worth a shot even if I got some sort of reply...I dont suppose u would be able to help me...I have been offered a position as a trainee equity dealer at a Company called city equities...hve u heard of them and if so is it a scam?

These are just UK versions of what was in Spain. They pay sh1tloads of fees to the
FSA and they turn a blind eye. All stock they recommend goes down the pan.

Pump and Dump.......

We should name them Sh1tty Equities.

Bad link but the sentence says it all.

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=10619642&sort=postdate