Woodies CCI system

lol blaiserboy ... there is no cheating in this game ... all's fair that isn't illegal.

Kiwi Charts

It used to be, that I could look at your charts....

Do you still post them anywhere...?

Thanks

dave

Not really dave. They are not very interesting, just a couple of emas, an ECO or a CCI (for exits) sometimes.

Woodies CCI - VERY FEW ARE MAKING MONEY

I was in Woodies room for about 18 months as well back in 2002/2003. I seriously doubt even the moderators were making money. If you follow "pure CCI" you will get whipsawed to death. I couldn't make it work for me, GB007 seems to have it right though.

I also attended a conference in Las Vegas (2003) and didn't talk to one person who was making money! One of the "greats" of the room admitted he couldn't afford airfare and wasn't going. Huh? it may (allegedly) work for Woodie, but I'll go along with Kiwi's assessment that not even three out of 800 are trading successfully using just CCI.

Also, you will note that neither Woodie (Ken Wood) nor his CCI Club are mentioned as sponsors in Make A Wish, I'd like to know how much they really are donating. Next to nothing is my guess...

I have not looked at Woodies site but I do know that CCI is an indicator and, as such, depends on historical data. Overbought/oversold signals. Relative to what time scale? I have never found indicators useful and, worse, I consider them to be positively dangerous.

I would have thought that anyone daytrading and using indicators would be opening and closing too late.

Everyone has his method and, while it works, thinks it the best, so I am not going to push what I do down your necks. I am inclined to agree with Kiwi that 2 ema's and the bar are just as good as any more complicated indicators.

Split

Splitlink said:
I have not looked at Woodies site but I do know that CCI is an indicator and, as such, depends on historical data. Overbought/oversold signals. Relative to what time scale? I have never found indicators useful and, worse, I consider them to be positively dangerous.

I would have thought that anyone daytrading and using indicators would be opening and closing too late.

Everyone has his method and, while it works, thinks it the best, so I am not going to push what I do down your necks. I am inclined to agree with Kiwi that 2 ema's and the bar are just as good as any more complicated indicators.

Split

Are moving averages not indicators and as such lag as much as any of the others?

schoe said:
Are moving averages not indicators and as such lag as much as any of the others?
It depends how you use them. If you used them for the old crosses then yes they are "indicators" so have lag and hence the "fast" mas that have been developed for the systems crowd. If you use them for resistance then they have no more lag than any other form of resistance (none really).

schoe said:

Yes, they are, but I said that they were "just as good", not that they were any good. However, if you are going to use an indicator an EMA is as good as it gets because of the ease of construction.

I think that a lot of theory on chart construction goes into these indicators when the real interest should be in watching the price action. I can see how a pullback in an established trend, as someone has already mentioned here, is more likely to reverse back into that trend (and that is not 100% certain, either!) and you are not waiting for a signal to tell you after it has happened, which is all any indicator does.

Split

Woodies cci

I have lots of respect for individuals who go out of their way to help others and as such, I would not want to trash Woodie as an individual. However, his system didn't work for me personally. I have read on other boards of individuals who claim to have the system work for them put recently I drove my a/c down to a bad level. I know that over the following weeks, I will modify the system and would only be happy to share with everyone the results of my find. Cheers

Woodies CCI

What is Woodies CCI? Please can someone give a brieft outline of the system, it's indicators, parameters and how they are meant to work?

Thanks.

Thanks for the links. I've already had a look at his website. I wasn't able to find any part of the website that gave a brief overview of what Woodies CCI is, which I found a bit strange, and very confusing searching through the plethora of information.

I would hav thought that http://www.woodiescciclub.com would have a very simple definition and description of what "Woodies CCI" actually is, perhaps on the homepage.....

You seem to expect it to be simple and easy.

And we all know that good trading might be simple ... but it doesn't have to be easy.

Woodie's use of the CCI is neither simple ... nor ... for most who try it, easy. To understand it you will have to work your way through all that material. :(

Kiwi - You seem to expect it to be simple as well as easy.

And we all know that good trading might be simple ... but it doesn't have to be easy.

Woodie's use of the CCI is neither simple ... nor ... for most who try it, easy. To understand it you will have to work your way through all that material.

Hi Kiwi

I've paid close attention to your earlier posts in this thread.

Perhaps woodies CCI is intentionally not meant to be easy to learn or follow, hence the lack of navigation aids on the website. Perhaps its better to have a person search endlessly through the archives for 6 days, when they could get the gist of the approach in 6-minutes, if all the information was displayed logically, and together :confused: .

http://www.trading-naked.com/woodie1ccisystem.htm

jtrader,

the link gives a "Woodies approved" description of the CCI method.

as kiwi says, it isnt easily described.
this, perhaps, reflects that the markets behaviours arent easily described.

I ploughed through all this a while ago.
I found the patterns contradictory and confusing - but thats because I am thick.

jtrader said:
Hi Kiwi

I've paid close attention to your earlier posts in this thread.

Perhaps woodies CCI is intentionally not meant to be easy to learn or follow, hence the lack of navigation aids on the website. Perhaps its better to have a person search endlessly through the archives for 6 days, when they could get the gist of the approach in 6-minutes, if all the information was displayed logically, and together :confused: .
Its a little bit of the "markets are complex problem." I have a very simple approach (basically if I was using CCI it would only be 1 of about 6or 8 trades that woodie initiates (used to when i was there)) but it still takes several pages to describe market conditions so that I have a satisfyingly high win ratio. Woodie doesnt have just one trade entry but around eight. Then he has 6-8 possibilities for exits. Then, where he used to use an ema and an lsma to give a sense of trend he now has two indicators that seem to combine them because people had too much trouble sensing trend. And so on and so forth. So the nqoos document actually predates the chopzone and sidewinder indicators.

When I was involved we used to recommend that people start with one market, one contract, one entry and maybe 3 possible exits on the entry. But each person chose their own and in my limited experience most people found it very difficult to keep it simple enough to learn to be successful.

This doesnt say that one cant be - just that most will fail. But, if they like the environment, they will be in a nice place while they succeed or fail. :)

Thanks

http://www.trading-naked.com/woodie1ccisystem.htm

According to this article, woodie basically overlays a CCI 14 over a CCI 6. He then has a variety of entry and exits based upon the CCI formations, and completely ignores actual prices on the chart.

At a glance, this seems to have some useful ideas, but it is also complicated and would require considerable skill to implement in full.

Cheers
jtrader.

Last edited: