Winter blues Trading 2011/12

After a short nap I come back and wonder what i've started, 5 pages of dribble and all the lurkers back at it again:cheesy:

my chf got out at be and i'm still in my jpy, currently + 65

split- I saw a pattern which represents an edge to me, funnily enough I missed a long signal on that pair whilst I slept but that would not have gone anywhere either.

be-positive, nice call on eur/usd, hope your riding it like a cowboy ;)

best performing pair so far today has got to be cable, unfortunately I didn't see it at the time so made didly squat from it.

Think i'll take my 60 from jpy and call it a day.

+60 for the day

No one has mentioned Euro/GBP. One of my favourites because margin is low. That and cable and Euro/USD are the only ones I follow, apart from Footsie.

However, no BS, I did not trade at all today because I was waiting for what did not happen--a rally to get in a short. It just shows you. once you think you have the direction right, it's little use waiting.

Hmmm, just looked at that eu/bp,

would have done nicely off that one as well today, added to the watchlist.

Only thing to wait for is your edge to manifest itself, and that should be simple for you so that it is either there or it is not, no grey areas that should be left to the exit which is much more dificult in my opinion technically and emotionally.

Hmmm, just looked at that eu/bp,

would have done nicely off that one as well today, added to the watchlist.

Only thing to wait for is your edge to manifest itself, and that should be simple for you so that it is either there or it is not, no grey areas that should be left to the exit which is much more dificult in my opinion technically and emotionally.

I thought that I had an edge, mate, but it did not show up to-day. I can see the entries now, of course, after the horse has bolted. I'll have to get my knife sharpener out!

Good evening and good trading.

Congrats on what looks like a good thread, I have not moved far away from it to-day.

morning guys

Morning! My direction on all the majors is down, today, although rallies are going to make a lot of points for some brave souls. Yesterday, I waited for a decent upswing and it did not happen so I lost out in the waiting.

I don't often express opinions because I'm not the world's best trader. What I say is what I think at the time and I get things upside down at times.

Good Trading to all.

Last edited:
took trade as I saw an activity spike of a long term fib level

Attachments

• 2011-11-01_0841.png
    2011-11-01_0841.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 145
Split

bias is down atm on m15 for me as well however that can change all too quickly, especially with news due in 10 mins.

ps. you could be the worlds worse trader and i still wouldn't mind hearing your opinion, especially if you show how you came to that conclusion.

Morning! My direction on all the majors is down, today, although rallies are going to make a lot of points for some brave souls. Yesterday, I waited for a decent upswing and it did not happen so I lost out in the waiting.

I don't often express opinions because I'm not the world's best trader. What I say is what I think at the time and I get things upside down at times.

Good Trading to all.

That exactly why you should post on this thread. You and I learn more from mistakes than trades that win

Hmm,now why did i get out of that euro trade so soon,An emotional mistake. may also be that Im posting the trade. I may not call too many for that reason

And a chart to show what i saw

Attachments

• setup trade 3.gif
    setup trade 3.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 145
pretty much the same trade as me split, although i got in a little earlier and on ej instead of e/$

Quick question? Do you still trade reversals off previous days highs/lows or do u stick to what youve just done today?