Will we see a close above 11,000?

The broke out to new highs on 04/03/05 but will be close above this massive 11,000?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

User

Experienced member
Yes or No, a close above 11,000 on the Dow Jones?

I really haven't got a clue! After the breakout on friday I thought we would see 11100. Now though after seeing Mondays and Tuesday's closes near the lows I am feeling cautious.

Thought we would move higher short term and then correct back lower. Not so sure if we will see this close above 11,000 and I have choosen 'No' as a sort of guess if you like.

One thing I firmly believe and that is we are in the process of a major top very soon. If this will be above 11,000 or below I simply don't know at this moment in time. Hence this poll has been devised to findout the general mood of the T2W members, after all it is a big number!

Last edited:
This poll is asking T2W members if the Dow will close above 11,000 in 2005.

Answer 'YES' : If you believe the Dow will close above 11,000 this year.

Answer 'NO' : If you believe the Dow will not close above 11,000 this year.

I would like everybody to take part.

Sorry for the confusion. Should have clarified it a little better. (Thanks for pointing it out pttrader)

Last edited:
I'm hoping my interpretation is right and you are asking if we will close out the year above 11,000, if that is the case then my answer of no is my opinion.But if you simply mean do we get a close above 11,000 some time this year then I would say that is likely, sooner rather than later. I think the longer we stay under that figure the less likely we are to see it.

I would like everybody to take part.

15 votes so far.

Only another 30,886 to vote give or take a multiple nick or six.

You're getting there mate.

And yes, a close above 11,000 is probably a psychological inevitability.

To be 'belt and braces' you could toss a coin as well and see if agrees with the poll result...

an old trick, but it just might work......

Desperate men do desperate things......... :confused:

Maybe the question should be, will we see 12,000 this year ?

11,000 seems a forgone conclusion.

The question is will we close above 11,000 on the Dow on any paticular trading day in 2005?

The question is not asking if we will be above 11,000 on the Dow at the end of the year!

Salty Gibbon, we could do a poll for 12,000 aswell. Lets just make sure we get above 11,000 first. Or shall we start the 12,000 poll now?

Salty Gibbon said:
Maybe the question should be, will we see 12,000 this year ?

11,000 seems a forgone conclusion.

Thanks Salty i've just put a thousand pounds a point on your advice. Hope it is a forgone conclusion!

schoe said:
Thanks Salty i've just put a thousand pounds a point on your advice. Hope it is a forgone conclusion![/QUOTE

Salty i'm 10 k down what now!