Why was NWTD banned?

Oh, I see - you think those capable of posting quality content should be "above the law" then? It's not T2W who forced them to break the guidelines - despite warning they chose to do so all on their own.

I am suggestig nothing of the sort however I believe that it was a T2W moderator who publically stated "some are more equal than others".

He was right, "the law" is applied with a great deal discretion (for example certain vendors are not required to publically decalee their status, certain members where allowed to illegaly solicit for funds etc etc, you know where the skeletons are buried as well as I do)

In fact, on the odd occassion I've mentioned or critisised the "some are more equal than others " comment, its been rigorously defended by T2W staff. So whilst I am not suggesting that guidelines should be ignored, there does appear to be an agreement amongst T2W staff that this is an acceptable policy, where it helps achieve the aims and objectives of the site.

So precedants have been set with respect to the "the law" and how its selectivey applied, and if T2W wished to solicit quality content from knowledgable traders I'm sure they could apply some discretion. The fact that they dont speaks volumes really.

. . .He was right, "the law" is applied with a great deal discretion . . .

. . . if T2W wished to solicit quality content from knowledgable traders I'm sure they could apply some discretion. The fact that they dont speaks volumes really.

Hi the hare,
Can you clarify please: in your view, are the Mods applying the site guidelines with or without discretion?
Thanks,
Tim.

Oh, I see - you think those capable of posting quality content should be "above the law" then? It's not T2W who forced them to break the guidelines - despite warning they chose to do so all on their own.

jon

eh? Only into my third year on T2W but I've yet to see anyone banned for posting up "quality content". To a man or woman, the banished have 'deserved' it.

eh? Only into my third year on T2W but I've yet to see anyone banned for posting up "quality content". To a man or woman, the banished have 'deserved' it.

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I definitely did, so no complaints from me. :)

...........So precedants have been set with respect to the "the law" and how its selectivey applied, and if T2W wished to solicit quality content from knowledgable traders I'm sure they could apply some discretion. The fact that they dont speaks volumes really......

Hare

I know that it's pretty futile trying to continue with you, but you're right about moderators using a bit of discretion. Since I'm as interested as anyone in seeing quality content, it shouldn't surprise you that I have mostly extended that discretion in favour of those who have provided such content. In general, for example, they have received many more warnings before any ban than most "offenders" enjoy and it's a great shame that they ignored those warnings until there was little option left.

So your "fact" that such discretion is not applied applied to knowledgeable traders providing quality content is wholly false and mischievous.

jon

Who is nwtd?

A legend - men want to be him, women want to be with him. Hung like a Derby winner, suave, urbane, strong enough to lift 12 navvies on the end of a shovel, and soon to be a legendary futures trader.

Only The Fonz is greater!

:)

Can you clarify please: in your view, are the Mods applying the site guidelines with or without discretion?

How would I know ? Only they can answer that question.

However the truth remains. The majority of quality content was provided by banned members, and quality contributors continue to be banned. T2W imposes its own culture, and you reap what you sow.

A legend - men want to be him, women want to be with him. Hung like a Derby winner, suave, urbane, strong enough to lift 12 navvies on the end of a shovel, and soon to be a legendary futures trader.

Only The Fonz is greater!

:)

happy_192.gif

And today they banned dash ! shame on them :(

It's OK, it's just a day. He'll be back soon. :)

In fairness, he posted something that...well, I crapped myself laughing but realistically there was no way he wasn't going to get slapped for it. I think he probably knew he'd be in trouble.

It was extraordinarily funny though.