Votes: 1 7.1%
  • YM

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

maxima

Established member
Are you guys willing to tell the community why do you trade a particular index?

I came across many consistent traders who trades predominantly ES or NQ or YM. I struggle to articulate/quantify difference between those 3.

What is so special about YM/NQ/ES for you?

Thank you.

i trade ES, but i watch the other two closely also. i don't see much difference in the price action. i think you could trade them all pretty much identically. not much point in trading them all though....

They are all liquid enough for the average retail trader.

ES is more manipulated and will bounce you out more often.

I stick with NQ.

i trade ES, sometimes gold n oil, occasionally currency futures
don't give a **** about what happens with anything else.
forex is for idiots.

rath,

not stalking you promise,

why is forex for idiots (i feel really stupid now:eek:, I must be a forex trading idiot:whistling)

spreads, snake-oil, too-easy-to-trade..

the whole thing smacks of shamateurs half hour....

if you're serious about currencies, trade futures......ok, you'll be told that there isn't sufficient volume for liquidity.......

a) that's bollox
b) the people who tell you that - 99% have a vested interest in keeping you playing lotto, i mean forex trading.
c) ditch it altogether and trade ES .....

spreads, snake-oil, too-easy-to-trade..

I like the too easy to trade bit

the whole thing smacks of shamateurs half hour....

amateur still sounds about right for me

if you're serious about currencies, trade futures......ok, you'll be told that there isn't sufficient volume for liquidity.......

a) that's bollox
b) the people who tell you that - 99% have a vested interest in keeping you playing lotto, i mean forex trading.
c) ditch it altogether and trade ES .....

prob with c is when i was trading the dow i was getting whipped and now i have a fear of index trading, maybe one day my wounds will be sufficiantly healed to venture back that way.