WHy do losses appear quicker?

I would prefer the trade to be over inside 30 minutes, with me done for the day.

Who needs the hassle of trades treading water .... watching or not watching ?

The spread never helps. It takes longer to see a profit because you need to make the spread first. On the other hand you start at a loss because of the spread and every point just adds to that. I know what you mean though.

I have had this bugging me for ages and I thought there may be something else other than what little i already know. I can enter a position and wait hour for it to show a decent profit, on the other hand if i neter a wrong trade, it seems as if all the profit i had made in a big move, goes into the much greater into the negative over a fairly small move.

Am i missing something?

BG, Where have you gone from your thread?

I would guess you are trading in the direction of the trend.

When trading in the direction of the trend the price often retraces at a faster pace and then plods on back in the direction of the major trend.

If you want faster results you could trade against the major trend in the direction of the retracements instead, but you need to be nimble about getting out, and have tighter stops and use a smaller % of your account per trade.

If I am wrong and you are not trading in the direction of the major trend then you may be bottom picking a retracement which can also take time to decide direction.

I usually trade in the direction of the trend and base my opinion on common sense and on my limited experience of contrary trading.

I would prefer the trade to be over inside 30 minutes, with me done for the day.

Who needs the hassle of trades treading water .... watching or not watching ?

I've found that I am better off just to leave trades alone, even if they go sideways or even slightly against, the majority still hit my first target before my stop. My better trades that are going to deliver many multiples of what I am risking are going to take hours to do that anyway so I've learnt to be patient with them.

But yeah, I see your point, if you're just after one trade for a quick profit before doing other things then you don't want to be tied up at the puta.

Last edited: