Who would you learn to trade off?

oiltanker

Established member
as its come up in another thread if one should copy the best who would one realistically learn off on the boards [or elsewhere]? lets say fx and indexes for now.

would you pay for a mentor? or system?

is it even possible to tell who the best is?

as its come up in another thread if one should copy the best who would one realistically learn off on the boards [or elsewhere]? lets say fx and indexes for now.

I found one for you Oily - untold riches - just sit on your buttocks and follow the site's signals:whistling

http://www.ftse100-performance-trading.co.uk/

To be more specific, lets say a member of a trading forum (ET, here, traderslab etc)
And lets say, we sit down with them for a few days and they teach us how they trade.

There are a million people on forums just pretending to be good, and so I tend to go by realtime calls and live statements.
Saliva from ET would possibly be my answer.
Endless realtime calls and statments showing quite a few +$20k days!
I also know that he trades from charts/TA (God forbid)

Take it away.

I found one for you Oily - untold riches - just sit on your buttocks and follow the site's signals:whistling

http://www.ftse100-performance-trading.co.uk/

ex rbs? :cool:

following a signal service is not learning from the best?

basically if you were to start again what advice would you give yourself?

for me it would be follow any strat off the daily/weekly . several people have those.

but would i have listened?:eek:

neil

have you tried to follow the calls on that site to discover what he is doing and reverse engineer the system? don't make sense to me.

TA,macd,stoch,cci,adx,atr,with a healthy dose of ma's on your chart,wot thats for poofs.Lets ave price action support ,resistance,trendlines ,bendlines,funny lines,wot about fibbing lines.Wot no fundemental,read the old news just when it's too late unless you is 007. Hello I am a newbie gimme a system that works cos I just want a piggy back,or should I just jump straight in with a good robot,how much will i need for one o'dem.
I think I will stick to finding out for myself wot works for me,at least I've only got myself to blame cos you're all full of sh$t on here:LOL::LOL::LOL::eek:

Martginghoul, Gooseman, GammaJammer and Rhody Trader seem to really know their stuff. Weakpunter seems like a bit of a legend too. Any of the above.
Outside of the boards it has to be Tudor Jones.
I'd pay for a mentor if I had money to burn but never a "system" in the T2W sense.

Whoever it was that the an acquantaince of mine sat down next to at the the prop firm he started working for. A know nothing, have nothing and now he's rolling round in a brand new lambo and lives in a penthouse in central London. I want to learn from that guy.

I think all newcomers to trading surf forums to get a few pointers the least...........

The context of my reply falls under the following.

1. I trade forex only and GBP vs JPY mainly. So what ever I say is in the context of forex.
2. I trade based on technical charts only.
3. I dont do fundamentals.
4. Im a day trader and I dont hold a trade overnight.
5. These are from my experiences with the markets, gurus, systems, robots, live signals indicators, brokers etc etc. A different trader might disagree. But hey that is why the market exists. It cant if everyone looks at it in the same way!

I wouldnt go for a system regardless of what its called because since I am a newbie I wont be able to make profits even though its a system that works because I dont understand the principals or the basic of a market. It will be of no use to me. Most newbies kill live and demo accounts trading systems they came across some place because the system would have had a few lines of description. Usually it says green crosses yellow and blue, sell. Blue crosses green and yellow, Buy. And it will never work because all newbies think that there is a holy grail magic whatchawannacallit thingamaji out there that can do all the thinking for us and all we have to do is be there to click the button. It doesnt work that way. You must have knowledge first.

Mentor??
Mentors is something I would prefer. But then I dont think a mentor who you are going to pay an amount to is going to be of much help. At the end of the day, teaching someone to trade using technical cannot be arranged into a syllabus and gone through in a day, a week or even a month. It has to be an ongoing process until the new trader is sufficiently exposed to the market, trading and is able to see his own mistakes.

The key is to be persistent and continuously search and read and learn new things. Along the way you would make some friends online who are fellow traders. One of them will help you along by answering your questions and pointing things out and so on and so forth. This would be the person who would ultimately be your mentor. By this point you would be comfortable not only with trading but also trading in a specific way, which would become your system of doing things. You rarely would be able to start making money on the market from the word go. There might be some who have but I am not very optimistic that there are.

so there is my two cents worth

And Happy Pipping

profitunity.com is worth paying for ;) look at it as an investment not a cost. dont even need the tutorial or homestudy course .. just get your hands on the books and make something of it for yourself. good enough ..