Who wants to enter the money game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did he not just tell us this. Why the round about way?

Look. I'm going out tonight, on the you know what. Laters!

Last edited by a moderator:
RB, is it remotely possible that you might be able to make one post, rather than two posts - one right after the other? It really is a pain in the ****. You can edit previous posts, you know...

rossored said:
RB, is it remotely possible that you might be able to make one post, rather than two posts - one right after the other? It really is a pain in the ****. You can edit previous posts, you know...
The thing is...that RUDEBOY posts something, he goes away, has a think...... comes back and posts again. All his posts contain variety. His style is not to post long missives like a few of us do. He comments as he goes along, you know, that is his style, rossored,. I enjoy his posts enormously as they add a sparkle in an otherwise dull world of straighforward prose.

Agreed Soc, it's never dull with RUDEBOY around, and after a Friday night out on the tiles who knows what will happen later.....ooooeeeerrrr missus! :LOL:

Me and RUDBOY, had a go at each other a few nights back, but a mod, removed the post. I dont think RUD likes me, But hey I dont care :cheesy:

Spam Man said:
Keep in mind that this is the guy who somewhat amusingly thinks that lottery winners have an edge. He may not be the sharpest tool in the box.
Now wait a minute, I am not taking sides here, but in all fairness that is not what he said in his post when discussing an edge. He posted a comment that was ambiguous and you have taken it literally.

In the same way you have commented on future price being irrelevant, one could pounce on that and begin to argue that if future price was irrelevant, then there would be no point in taking positions or to bother with trading at all.

Fair is fair, come on.

badtrader said:
Me and RUDBOY, had a go at each other a few nights back, but a mod, removed the post. I dont think RUD likes me, But hey I dont care :cheesy:
Yes he likes you and we all like you, but you started it and if you remember I was there and intervened. Now, the mods do not always see the funny side, and they pounce if they think it is getting overheated.

I don't dislike anybody on T2W. I think we all irritate each other at times, though.

lottery winners have an edge
?

If someone wins the lottery of $1,000,000. Then comparatively speaking, he does have an edge against those who don't have that amount of lottery winnings.

Just by keeping that amount in the bank earning 3.75% per annum he would have $37,500 a year for doing nothing.

In fact, that lottery winner may actually have an edge over those who have to work their fingers to the bone, moving the stop to make a hard to earn amount of say, 100 to 300 pips in one or two months, and even more hardworkingly compound the profits and moving that very heavy stop (heavier than moving concrete or granite) to earn another 100 to 300 pips in another one or two months time, and etc.

SOCRATES said:
Now wait a minute, I am not taking sides here, but in all fairness that is not what he said in his post when discussing an edge.

He did, you know :

Spam Man said:
Based on your logic, someone making a 14,000,000 : 1 return on their lottery ticket has an edge.

Stockjunkie said:
He may hvae an edge for that moment that the numbers are anounced.

What Stockjunkie couldn't grasp is that lottery winners don't have an edge - they are lucky.

Given the vast amounts of people who play the markets, some of them are going to be lucky for a prolonged amount of time, and if they quit when they are ahead they will be rich. This should not be confused with a trader who has a method for finding edges, profiting from them, monitoring them and moving on when they diminish or disappear.

SOCRATES said:
you have commented on future price being irrelevant

Well, of course future price isn't irrelevant. I was talking about PREDICTING future price, and what I actually said was :

Spam Man said:
As for predicting prices in the future :

1) It doesn't work.
2) It isn't necessary.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is not a trader, and is probably trying to sell something.

Which brings us back to Stockjunkie, for whom I have a word of advice : If you're trying to flog stuff over the internet, it is best not to have a website that looks like it was designed by gibbons.

Right, that's enough time spent on T2W for one weekend, enjoy your weekends all.

Anonymous said:
There are about 1000 or 2000 millionaires in SG. Almost everyone knows everyone. Almost everyone gets invited to their neighbours' wedding. There are the rich (or appear rich) who get driven around in big cars, live on money they don't own, and there are Towkays who do business in singlets and sandals.

And there is something many don't know: no corruption allowed, no pulling strings allowed etc. Try bribing any official and the briber will not survive very long.

7 years in SG? If you let the french know the secret service headquarters is located at the SG zoo they will bug all the monkeys.

What does that have to do with anything . Who gives a monkeys how many millionaires there are in the bookworm dictatorship that is SG ?

Are you saying a HDB boy like you would refuse a in house trader position with a leading bank ?

don't make me laff more than I already have . that is the sole aim of most Sg males life ambitions, not to mention you would have nothing to lose and evrything to gain .

only a fool would turn down a chance like that .

oh yeah , let's not forget the PM's wife sitting on many boards of GLCs - could be well considered less than non corrupt .

Spam Man said:
He did, you know :

What Stockjunkie couldn't grasp is that lottery winners don't have an edge - they are lucky.

Given the vast amounts of people who play the markets, some of them are going to be lucky for a prolonged amount of time, and if they quit when they are ahead they will be rich. This should not be confused with a trader who has a method for finding edges, profiting from them, monitoring them and moving on when they diminish or disappear.

Well, of course future price isn't irrelevant. I was talking about PREDICTING future price, and what I actually said was :

Which brings us back to Stockjunkie, for whom I have a word of advice : If you're trying to flog stuff over the internet, it is best not to have a website that looks like it was designed by gibbons.

Right, that's enough time spent on T2W for one weekend, enjoy your weekends all.

1) I did not say lottery winners have an edge . Anyone who says that is plain BS .

2) I'd rather a plain website full of substantive info , rather than a flashy , slickly designed one full of BS .

Stockjunkie:

a HDB boy like you

Might I ask what makes you think I am "a HDB boy"?

Let's not forget, things like cross border crime, invasion of privacy, instigation of war, computer hacking (which probably is a crime), lest nobody will know what the fact of making an assumption like "a HDB boy like you" is so sure that I am "a HDB boy", amounts to?

in house trader position with a leading bank
?

A bank makes money from many types of businesses. In the area of trading profitably a bank needs to know how to trade profitably. A bank needs able, capable traders, not the traders who need the bank.

One example is a man with higher qualifications who worked in a bank for 10 to 20 years and got retrenched and could not find a job despite his qualifications and the experience he had gotten while working in the bank for 10 to 20 years.

Even old established banks can go kaput overnight, what's the big deal about a leading bank?

Driving a seated 1870's silver liberty up to the speed of 63 km/h to 57th street New York needs about $1000 to $2000, whereas by Fedex it costs about $40.

Not everyone's ambition in life is to make gorillas out of themselves by speaking in front of fellow gorillas. There are much better things to do: like taking time to smell the roses.

Spam man,

How does predicting prices in the future not work for you ?

Why exactly do you consider this faculty to be "not necessary" ?

How can you assume that anyone who tells you otherwise is not a trader, and is probably trying to sell something ?

Can you explain your chain of reasoning linking these three separate ideas ?

SOCRATES said:
Can you explain your chain of reasoning linking these three separate ideas ?

I could, but that wouldn't help you. This is the kind of stuff that you need to work out for yourself. Here's a clue : trading (successfully) is not about making predictions, it's about assessing the probabilities.

Stockjunkie said:
I did not say lottery winners have an edge.

You did. I quoted you.

Stockjunkie said:
Anyone who says that is plain BS.

Well, yes.

Stockjunkie said:
I'd rather a plain website full of substantive info , rather than a flashy , slickly designed one full of BS .

A worthy aim. Unfortunately you have ended up with a website the design of which could provoke an epilectic fit containing what appears to be the unedited rantings of a madman.

I challenge you to show me where I said lottery winners have an edge . If you cannot , then stop spreading lies about what I say .

Who cares what you think about any website .

Status
Not open for further replies.