Whichwaytoday.com

I believe Tom H had a poor 2 or 3 months and also claimed the pressure of the long waits in the Room between trades had got to him, so posted on his site that he'd decided to take a three month break, also the partner David Paul stopped his involvement. However that was last year (2011) I think and no sign of him back, unless you know otherwise.

On the 28th May 2012 Tom Hougard wrote

Dear friend,

This email is long overdue, but I took my time writing it, because I wanted to make sure that I could stand by what is contained within.

The WWT live trading room will open again later in the year. More specifically I aim to have the room open and fully functioning by 1st October. It is more likely that I will start in late September.

The future of the Live Trading Room

Since I closed the room in January 2012, I have been engaged in research. My research has been focused solely on trading stock indices. The goal was to develop a method of trading, which could be done (almost) without a charting package. This has now been accomplished.

My goal is simple. I want to offer a service which promises 20 index points a day on average*. I intend to trade it live with a broadcast of the actual trading platform. As we approach the proposed opening date, I will contact you again with much more information on trade size, portfolio size and anything else relating to the trade execution.

I am also looking into broadening the team again. Many of you have expressed a desire to have a “news broadcaster” in the room, someone who can keep us all up-to-date with current events unfolding during the day. I am also talking to my old friend and mentor, David Paul, about the possibility of gracing the room with his infinite knowledge of the markets and potentially offering signals for longer-term FX trades.

Many of you have emailed me and complained that I have not been in touch. Some of you have been quite blunt in your choice of words to me. However, whether you swore at me or politely told me to disappear to a place where the sun doesn’t often shine, I still like to say thank you for your interest in the room. Thank you also to those of you who have volunteered to help me with the testing process. I may take the opportunity to contact you later in the summer.

Speaking of summer I realise that on many levels I am ready to launch the room again immediately, but I am not sure that going live just before the holiday season is a good idea. First of all many of you will take holidays over the next few months, as will I. Some of you may even take some passing interest in the Olympics, which are unfolding on our own turf this year. Either way I decided to let the summer pass and launch in late September.

Thank you for your support, thank you for your colourful language. I wish you a warm and blissful summer, and I look forward to clocking up the profits later in the year.

Best wishes

Tom Hougaard

*I may have to modify this statement if the markets in the future go into a quiet period, or if the indices fall to levels where 20 points constitutes the average range for the day. Let’s hope those doomsday scenarios won’t materialise.