where to start ?

McMathews

Hello
I am new to trading and haven't yet acquired much information about the trading. I am searching for resources needed to trade. I am seeking for software, books and examples.
Do i need to be expert in financial management or will its basic knowledge also works ?
Regards
mcmathews

The best way to start is to read a lot books before you do anything else. I recommend you to start with some technical analysis books such as "technical analysis of the financial market" and "trading for a living", also read books on fundamental analysis as well as general stock market books.

When I started out (and three years later still not consistently making money) I read loads of books, but I only really started to understand things when I started spending time looking at charts and getting a feel for the different instruments and timeframes, then I went back to the books and suddenly understood what it was they were talking about when they described these different patterns and phenomena.

Go to ProRealTime.com, free EOD charting service and just start looking at charts and drawing lines.

Others may disagree but that was my experience.

And my experience of books is the older ones are the only ones really worth bothering with

@ ALL THANKS .
Can anyone help me regarding getting links for PDF books which are available online. C Since there are different books in the market . I am confused about where to start . Since I don't have intermediate knowledge about trading so I am afraid whether or not I will have the grasp on the concept present in the books which were referred. Hope that they are easy to be understood.
Regards
mcmathews