Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Hi User
I favour the short term for the pop, for the drop I have a timeframe and target in mind and Im sure you are being conservative with your target unless you mean in 2 days

Last edited:
al76 said:
Hi, can someone tell me why the interest rate rise sent the US indices up, I would have thought that the fact of making borrowing for businesses more expensive and trying to retain public expenditures would have a negative effect on the US Economie, therefore send the indices down...
Many thanks.

Yes fantastic job the FOMC have done... everybody celebrates cos they put the interest rate up!

What a cunning plan
:LOL:

Don't worry, no sarcasm was directed at you al76, rather at the dramatic, funny effect that a few words can have on perceived value, and the resulting scramble by news peeps to authoritatively square these gyrations with virtually unchanged fundamentals. It's all very silly and provides yet another reason to defenestrate one's telly.. Welcome aboard by the way. :)

yes frugi

and I thought it rather hilarious today when someone commented on tv before the announcement that..
'we are closer to the end of the rises than we were earlier in the year'

Really? :eek:

LOL - A definite lack of of excrement there, Holmes. :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Racer said:
yes frugi

and I thought it rather hilarious today when someone commented on tv before the announcement that..
'we are closer to the end of the rises than we were earlier in the year'

Really? :eek:
That could prove untrue if we slip through a fracture in the Time space continuum :D

Indeed sir. There's still time to register easyleftedge.com afore we go backwards. :D

NYSE appears to be running up on the smell of an oily rag, in the face of a VIX double bottom. SOX 5 waver apropos nothing, but also looks tired.. Hmm ... maybe it's nearly put time. Though more proximity to the NYA channel top would be handy. Sit on me hands for the mo, but looking to scale into long volatility / short Dow. 11200-350 would be perfect, but looks too easy somehow.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 200
Nice chart Frugi.

Dc2000 its a conservative target which isn't going to happen over two days...... :devilish:

NIK down 1.99% and dow futures down 10 points...

Recently when NIK has been up that much dow daily futures have been up about 50 or more

Recycle of yesterday's range I reckon - up to high (10870) - down to low (10750) - close circa 800

Also then expect a down open Thursday to give last entry for year end

I managed to get myself a risk-free long, by opening a position at 812 and moving it to B/E already, so I will enjoy a free ride, nice position to be in

I like this new game, stop loss moved at +30 points, if only I could play it every day

it's all to do with a good entry point, once you've done that the rest is easy :D

mark twain uk said:
I like this new game, stop loss moved at +30 points, if only I could play it every day

it's all to do with a good entry point, once you've done that the rest is easy :D
Don't be too premature moving that stop loss up or you could get stopped out on a short term dip and miss out on a later high - I've been caught out like that a few times recently.

I know exactly what you mean, it's just that I used to chase big wins and ended up with more big losses than big wins, I recently changed my trading style and am chasing smaller wins but on a consistent basis. I do miss out on big wins, but also on big losses.