Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Destiny,
You've said it again, "CMC is biased to the upside" I'll repeat my previous reply. CMC is not biased at all. The starting value is the Dow e mini quote, the YM. The CMC June quote is + and - 4 from the YM Ask price. eg YM 10238, CMC 10234/10242. The daily cash DOW is -4 from the June quote, ie June 10234/10242, therefore daily DOW would be 10230/10234.
The reason I'm labouring this point is that too many people blame the "CMC bias" for failed trades, when it was the YM which produced the bias.
best regards, G McA

Joules MM1 said:
The wanted poster does you justice.......still outstanding too...won't say anything

;)

It wasn't me guv honest, it was my bruvva!

The voices they control your mind!! :eek:

Roguetrader,
Yes it is correct. The YM (I follow YM05M on Quote.com) has a 1 point spread. So if it is 10237 bid 10238 ask, then the June Dow on CMC would be 10234 bid 10242 ask , 8 point spread. The CMC quotes are tied to the YM quotes without any additional bias.
regards, G McA

SOCRATES

May I say that is a interesting avatar you have chosen...... :cool:

A truncated pyramid with an auriolated Eye of Providence ...presumably with 13 levels....:?:

To Quote Cyril of Alexandria...
If there be an incorporeal eye, let it go forth from the body unto the vision of the beautiful.Let it fly up and soar aloft, seeking to neither form, nor body (nor even the types of such things),but rather that which is the maker of these things.............The Pyramid, then,is below Nature and the intellectual world. This is because it has above it, as ruler the Creator-Word of the Lord off all.....

:)

With CMC the Daily Dow is a 4 point spread, but the June Future is an 8 point spread reflecting the cost of carry.
G McA

a320 said:
SOCRATES

May I say that is a interesting avatar you have chosen...... :cool:

A truncated pyramid with an auriolated Eye of Providence ...presumably with 13 levels....:?:

To Quote Cyril of Alexandria...

:)
Indeed, I am pleased you spotted it, and not altogether inaccurate comment as you are obviously well educated in these matters esoteric.

gmca686 said:
With CMC the Daily Dow is a 4 point spread, but the June Future is an 8 point spread reflecting the cost of carry.
G McA

My goodness - with my SB the Daily Dow is the same but May is 5 and June is 6 and the September Future is 8.

That is because you have no idea what you are doing, as usual. You will get no help from me because you are naughty and rude.

It serves you right to engage in operations you do not understand for starters.

SOCRATES said:
That is because you have no idea what you are doing, as usual. You will get no help from me because you are naughty and rude.

It serves you right to engage in operations you do not understand for starters.
wellcome back socrates.you were really missed( like cold)

Joules MM1 said:
CMC spread is 4 DJIND All hours

.5 SPX all hours

2 FTSE and after close 4

2 DAX and after hours 4

Only recently did CMC reduce the DJIND from 5 to 4 inline with competition and still no contract cost

Sorry to disagree with you here.

CMC - daily DJI is 4 points until 9.30pm GMT - then 5 points overnight until 2.30pm following day.

8 points on June and September quotes - all hours.

SOCRATES said:
Indeed, I am pleased you spotted it, and not altogether inaccurate comment as you are obviously well educated in these matters esoteric.

"The Eye of Providence, or All-Seeing Eye is also of Middle Eastern origin and indicates the supremacy of the spiritual over the material. The eye also represents education and freedom of knowledge."

Source: Changing Times, May, 1982.

So Socrates, when will you be giving up all your material posessions and joining a monastery? :cheesy:

Hi Everyone,

DJI has hit the 10,300 barrier and bounced off. :D Small retest of this and 10,275 to finish the evening possibly?

Looking at a15min candlestick chart the Dow seems to be forming (or has formed) an inverse head and shoulders. Above 10320 we're off to the races, below 10,215 watch out below!
IMHO, of course.
G McA

:) Looks like the newbies have it today! Well a little new blood is rarely a bad thing.
All this hard work is starting to pay dividends. Remember "deep fish,dark horse."A very good evening to you all.[COLOR=Indigo[/COLOR]]Well really its obvious isn,t it, and if you didn,t know that you really shouldn,t be trading.

JillyB said:
Hi Everyone,

DJI has hit the 10,300 barrier and bounced off. :D Small retest of this and 10,275 to finish the evening possibly?

It's punched right through 10300. Hope you kept your long position open !