Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

the dow is really struggling...

Great support shown at 10150 on the 15min chart and now 10180 area is holding very well....

Great chance of posting gains today. For the downside watch 10180-70 area should we close below that on the 15min at any point then 10100 would seem likely.

Tug of war on the Dow, 16 gainers & 14 fallers so far.
Upside led by Intel, HP and Disney.
Downside led by Alcoa, JPM and Exxon.

JillyB said:
10226 needed to break even. Hopefully will see this - if not today then early next week.

Well you're still in the game if it can clearly breach 10200.

SOCRATES said:
I'm sorry Ivorm to have missed your post I have been engaged in a ring conference since 1pm till now. At that time it was showing an unwillingness to go up. Now it has hit a tweezer bottom at 4251 and is climbing but there is a cap at 4269, let us see if it motors and breaks that, and if it does the next level would be 4280 ish so there isn't much in it for today. Don't forget it is a Friday and today is the 13th. Caution advised.

KInd Regards.

Many thanks for your reply, Soc. Why is there a cap at 4269 ?

Regards,

ivorm said:
Many thanks for your reply, Soc. Why is there a cap at 4269 ?

Regards,
You may PM me by all means, for discussion later.

See how it has in the last 10 mins hit 4269 and recoiled back down to 4259.5. / 60 /59 / 60 / 59.5 etc.,

None of this is a coincidence or random.

Kind Regards.

destiny said:
the dow is really struggling... the nas was up like 20 point at open!! if the nas goes negative i think 10100 is in sight..

10 year bond yield down while Fed interest rates up ?????????????
Seems that they are being decoupled - crazy market !

come on bad boy.. 10,350 for my dow comp points.....

setting up nicely as a buy day..

so tuesday could well be the peak next week, and from then on, this market is in the shyte...

Ivorm, following on from 3956, above.

4279 hit. Just one point off eighty, sorry, I expected 80.

CMC are being very biased on the downside (more than usual!) i think IG are the least biased SB company.

socs - any mischief expected ? up or down side? :confused:

Destiny,
CMC are not biased in any direction. A common misconception!! Their June Dow quote is + and - 4 points from the YM ask price. Their daily Dow Bid is -5 on the June Bid price. This relationship only changes as we consume time towards the June expiry.
If there is a "bias" it is the YM quote.
regards, G McA

As a poor replacement for socs only on a temporary basis, with reference to cmc biased is not the word I would use try "dodgy" never in the history of trading have I seen such ridiculous behaviour. Get rid and go for a proper sb,

roguetrader said:
SOX is on crack.

Yeah up by more than 3% almost 3 times the N100 rise and BTK is currently down 0.5%
SPX only up 0.1% despite Delphi (+10%) & Dell (+6%)
Crazy market is all over the place. Could this be symptomatic of some Hedge Fund destabilization ??

destiny said:
CMC are being very biased on the downside (more than usual!) i think IG are the least biased SB company.

socs - any mischief expected ? up or down side? :confused:

CMC currently 3-5 points below actual market. But sentiment remains the same, with the market unable to get beyond 10220 (or 10217 on CMC).

If it can break through this level and maintain it, then we should see a more positive upward trend to 10250 region. But it's really struggling today. :rolleyes:

kriesau said:
Yeah up by more than 3% almost 3 times the N100 rise and BTK is currently down 0.5%
SPX only up 0.1% despite Delphi (+10%) & Dell (+6%)
Crazy market is all over the place. Could this be symptomatic of some Hedge Fund destabilization ??
As you are disrespectful and naughty, we are not telling you why or how, so there !

You were all given ample warning in advance, however.

And, furthermore, if you still do not believe that all this mischief is planned in advance,
now you had better believe it, because it is true as you can see with your own eyes.

SOCRATES said:
Yes, I warned you all in advance about this afternoon. Crazy market indeed !
your post is addictive i should really concentrate on my trades but i keep coming back to look at your post,reminds me of De niro (FC)saying to billy crystal (you)" you are good" " You are good".

gmca686 - i was referring to the daliy cash bet, they are biased on the downside, i have 2 monitors, one with IG index platform and the other with CMC. i have the live DOW feed and i can tell you that IG will keep their spread within the live feed price or their abouts most of the time, CMC fluctuates very fast, somedays biased on the up or down by approx 5 points. anyway thanks for the reply :cool:

kriesau said:
Could this be symptomatic of some Hedge Fund destabilization ??

Dunno, but rumours of that sort of thing have been getting a lot of press lately though I do wonder if they are being, dare I day it "manufactured" as there are a lot of trditional fund managers who want more regulation on the hedge funds, ya never can tell.