Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Racer - do you have any shorts in at the moment ? I'm still looking for an entry point. Will probably wait to see if there is another test of 10400 first or alternatively if it breaches 10300 first.

Seems to be there is enough support, but i think we will reach 10300 faster then 10400.

'Banc of America said that before it gets bullish on HP, it needs to see Street estimates "be lowered to a more realistic level." The firm said, "If HP offers only a small reduction in its estimates for fiscal 2005, we believe the stock will move higher."

So estimates have to be lower so it can go higher? Um, doesn't sound quite right to me somehow?

kriesau said:
Racer - do you have any shorts in at the moment ? I'm still looking for an entry point. Will probably wait to see if there is another test of 10400 first or alternatively if it breaches 10300 first.

Yes still short, as long as it is this side of 10400

Nice break out of that triangle... if it can push pass the previous 10,345 bear trap, then look for yet another test of 10,400.

Bluewave said:
Nice break out of that triangle... if it can push pass the previous 10,345 bear trap, then look for yet another test of 10,400.

Hmmm.......an hour and a half ago (post 3430) you were saying 10300 here we come !

kriesau said:
Hmmm.......an hour and a half ago (post 3430) you were saying 10300 here we come !

A lot can happen with the DOW in an hour and a half! ;) And hey, 10,320 was close enough to 10,300 to close my 10,400 short (saw candlestick tweezer on 10 min chart).

Am long 10,348 now.....trailing stop loss.

Stopped out @ 10,373 for 25 pips. Shame it didn't push a wee bit closer to 10,400, but I'm happy enough what with banking the previous short from 10,400. :)

The Dows not doing too badly......I just got in and I see we are positive after starting the day lower and we haven't played with resistance once......thats good.....simple consolidation.....ZzZz It might feel like that but we're not doing too bad.....lets see what the close brings....

Anyone for a close above 10400?....Great chance in my opinion.... :arrowu:

Another thing..............change those logo's back.....these new ones look terible.....!!!

Anyone for a close above 10400?....Great chance in my opinion....

Not today but closing at the days highs is a good thing and we still haven't played with resistance level 10400 yet.....Nasdaq did well again......Nasdaq normally leads the way down and the way up...so in this case more upside to come......