Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

peterpr said:
TS is a 'She' - and proud of it - quite right too! She could probably teach most of us MCP's a thing or two as well - unless I miss my guess. :)

no way!!!!

i thought the Isle of Man was entirely staffed by men.

got rid my shorts at between 10610-10625 on the cash. I did keep one very small short just for posterity! An extremely profitable 350 point move for me and i think i'll sit on my hands now and watch you guys go crazy guns. go on longs, drive that price up so i can reshort please. happy st. pats!

$10 a tickle, discount available for t2w members. No compensation given if your wool allergy fires up :)

Some sort of channel developing perhaps. As a very short term bull I like the look of the
decreasing sell volume and increasing buy volume on the last few lows, if I have interpreted this correctly. Also note the minor 62% Fib on the daily.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 173
lemput said:
..... An extremely profitable 350 point move for me and i think i'll sit on my hands now and watch you guys go crazy guns.

Bloody good for you. Don't know how long you've been at it but 350 points in the bag on one trade in a few days just aint a routine occurence - not in my experience anyway. Enjoy it !

Well done Lemput. You want to get the market close to 11,000 again? I'll just make my call. Greenspan should be able to manipulate it for me.

I'll let you know how my call develops....... ;)

Right then its sitting above 10650 and if it stabalises above this level for a while then a push higher could occur with 10700 in mind.

So some base building is needed above 10650.

Tx guys ....drop me in it why don't ya .....the he she quote was'nt mine :LOL: it was from the post previous no 1090 :eek:

I may have to go into hiding now :!:

It probably just wants to retest today's low, or even fall a bit further to the channel bottom, before mounting a savage expiration assault on yesterday's gap? Well I would say that as I'm long ... :)

LOL, hope it works for ya frugi, am flat now can't see much in this chop

Dow should have supporthere from 23rd Feb imho

Should open up 15 -25 pts today. Question is will it rise enough to retest 10700 or will it fall back and breach support at 10600.
Still bearish and think that 10500 is much more likely to be seen than 10800 but is today the day or will it have to wait until next week ?

Lets just say today will be interesting....

Should it close above 10700 then that will leave us 200 odd from the highs should it breach and close below 10600 then it will be interesting to see what implications that will have on the trend. As next stop would then be 10400.

Indeed user, yet again we are at a very interesting juncture, very little downside left without risk of a major drop, which I doubt would come today, so I imagine we see some upside today. I don't expect anything dramatic before Monday, today may well be choppy ahead of expiration. i will be in no rush to trade either side today.

roguetrader said:
Indeed user, yet again we are at a very interesting juncture, very little downside left without risk of a major drop, which I doubt would come today, so I imagine we see some upside today. I don't expect anything dramatic before Monday, today may well be choppy ahead of expiration. i will be in no rush to trade either side today.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

March expired last night !

alot of users have mentioned something about expiry of options? how does that affect the market, on which dates do they occur? thanks in advance :)

user said:
Does it not expire today in the real futures market?
..........................................................................................................................................................................
It expired at 9.15pm last night with both of my SB companies !
Now trading June.

Yes it expires at a different date for spreadbetting!

I'm sure the actual Amercian futures contracts expire today...