Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

the more there is talk about year end rally the less the possibility of it happening.. market likes to prove the majority wrong ;)

the dow will close up by the end of the year aka 2005, and for all those bears waiting for the opportunity to make a killing on the downside ,1987 was the date. when and if it falls further im going to **** myself when you sell me gold bullion for a chicken leg. im long fowl.

electronic bushes......

A lot of traders are commenting on how computer algorithms are dominating the markets:-

Charlie Miller’s newsletters have had a good take on it recently :-

Is your money sucked up by a Guerilla, without leaving a trace? As in "... Guerilla is a stealth algorithm that provides a trading solution for the small cap and mid cap environment. "It hides in the electronic bushes, and it waits for liquidity to appear,"
"When liquidity shows itself, the guerilla comes out firing orders into the electronic marketplace, taking out liquidity and capturing price improvement for you in small cap and mid cap names."

Yesterdays midday pump:-

“This was an unusual time for the big daddy Cyborgs to move the markets up. It all happened during lunchtime, and it was the only positive thing about the day”

These algorithms are creating some nice moves if you’re on the right side of them, but they happen so fast and it’s almost impossible to predict when they will strike.

What will todays programme be….?…….pump/dump/pump – dump/pump/double dump – bear teaser – bull rocket ship…?!?

They’re programming the computers for today’s session right now….

The chart still looks like a ‘top’ to me, but the Cyborgs may have other ideas… ;)

Attachments

• 10-11-05.gif
    10-11-05.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 229
Thanks for that. Very interesting.

I assumed that midday 60 point move was a hedge fund. It was funny it stopped at 10601 exactly.
Everyone seemed to be saying it was Broadcom that did it, and it was the Amman news that killed it off. I never believed it for a minute. A 60 point move at lunchtime has always to be treated with caution.

These algorithms are nasty things if you are on the wrong side of them. Can you imagine how my limit buy orders must have been tripped yesterday around 10595 - 10601?

In May this year Kirk Kekorian bought 18.9m GM shares at $31.
Price of GM shares today is $23
Thats a current loss of $151m or 25% in just 6 months !
Ooooooouch !
But since he's 88 he probably doesn't give a s**t !

kriesau said:
In May this year Kirk Kekorian bought 18.9m GM shares at $31.
Price of GM shares today is $23
Thats a current loss of $151m or 25% in just 6 months !
Ooooooouch !
But since he's 88 he probably doesn't give a s**t !

LOL..
Financial Euthanasia perhaps

leovirgo said:
hello... where are the bears?

Hibernating.

Contrary to popular belief, being a successful bear is an art and a very difficult one at that. Not to mention that fact that it is a very lonely road to walk.

LION63 said:
Hibernating.

Contrary to popular belief, being a successful bear is an art and a very difficult one at that. Not to mention that fact that it is a very lonely road to walk.

Absolutely Lion, everything has to be set up just so, come to think of it , it's the same for bulls !

C V

I see its veterans Day tomorrow. US Bond Markets are closed, or so an e-mail informs me.

Any thoughts on how this will effect the DOW?

UK

Should close above 10700. 10600+ was dealt with ease......

Good Luck all