Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

rav700 said:
I think you are missing the point not everyone here is a bad trader at least I dont think so but it does show that all of have the same thought about the present market conditions and even my technical analysis and my News trading is not helping me in the slightest.Any bad news seems to be totally disregarded by the traders...to me crude is no more a concern for the traders.Also technical levels.....I do not want to go there...
I am not trying to be negative and fill this forum with doom and gloom but just giving you the reality...
What is next for the DOW...
I think we will test the 10630 level again before 7th or 8th of October ie next week and then them we will have another correction one last one before going up at the end of October all the way to December.

:?:
The unpredictability of the market will probably continue while it remains within the 10400 - 10700 range.
Until it convincingly breaches these support or resistance levels the lottery will continue to operate. :cheesy:

Sorry Rav
I certainly did not wish to infer i thought there are some bad traders here
Far from it
I would suggest the bias on this thread is to the bearish side and was just welcoming an alternative view from our friend (A bull)
All valid arguements here are welcome

Hi guys,I would just like to put my 2penniesworth in.

I am neither a bull or a bear.I do not place a trade on the short side because I believe that is where the markets SHOULD be going.I just stick to my trading method whether the market is up or down and I believe I trade what I see.I have spent too many years attempting to second guess the market and lost a lot of hard earned dough on it.I think to try and analize why the markets are moving irrationally and make a trade on it is a sure fire way of losing money and total disater.I dont mean this in any bad way to any traders but just a personal feeling of the way I want to trade.Good luck everyone.

Hi Sharky, can you correct the current Dow contest results , it closed last night at 10,552
and you have 10442 ?
Regards

Could be quite an important point here.From the last major high to the last low we are at 0.618s on all the markets.

The Dow 618 is at 10567 and the high has been 10565
The spx 618 is roughly at 1228 which is the current price.
Nasdaq 618 is at 1593.The price now.Ash

mickandpete said:
Sorry Rav
Far from it
I would suggest the bias on this thread is to the bearish side and was just welcoming an alternative view from our friend (A bull)

I know mate I didn't mean it in that way its just YOU ARE RIGHT ....HAHAHAH :cheesy:
I think the main reason peps seem to be bearish is because of the season mate hence the boards bearishness(Is that really a word...) :cheesy:

mickandpete said:
Sorry Rav
Far from it

I think we all benefit from inputs by others, whether right or wrong.
All I need is a cow and we could walz off into the sunset hoof in hoof ( till Monday anyway ) lol

T2W is promoting a competition website called www.ConsensusView.com.
The only problem is that you have to make 100 forecasts a month
and I don't think they do the Dow Jones yet ??
But there is a winner and a prize
Might be interesting

NEW YORK (AFX) -- The Dow Jones Industrial Average is on track to post its
first gain for the month of September in seven years and its first quarterly
gain of the year, rising about 2% from the second quarter.

DOW demands respect. It shows irrationality [ or its independence from what the analysts think it should be going ]. Finally, I come to the conclusion that I should trade what I see. :)

Hi Sharky, can you correct the current Dow contest results again, tonight Friday 30th the Dow closed at
10,568.70 and you have 10,547 ?
regards twiglet

twiggytwo said:
Hi Sharky, can you correct the current Dow contest results again, tonight Friday 30th the Dow closed at
10,568.70 and you have 10,547 ?
regards twiglet
Hi twiglet,
You are probably more likely to find him on the competition thread ?

Hi Sharky,
I think you will find that DOW DOG and hhass1 are last nights weekly winners of the Dow contest as 10,560 is nearest to the close of 10,568.70
I find this Dow contest to be of use for the sentiment of T2W traders when trading the Dow with real money, so please try to keep it accurate.
Regards Twiglet

leovirgo said:
NEW YORK (AFX) -- The Dow Jones Industrial Average is on track to post its
first gain for the month of September in seven years and its first quarterly
gain of the year, rising about 2% from the second quarter.

DOW demands respect. It shows irrationality [ or its independence from what the analysts think it should be going ]. Finally, I come to the conclusion that I should trade what I see. :)
I've seen the phrase "trade what I see" used before and I still do not understand exactly what this means. If you literally trade what you see then you will go long if you see the index rising and short if you see it falling. But of course it can reverse in seconds.

This implies trading randomly with no plan, target or timeframe. This seems crazy to me so could you please explain exactly what "trading what I see" means and how you implement this !

kriesau said:
I've seen the phrase "trade what I see" used before and I still do not understand exactly what this means. If you literally trade what you see then you will go long if you see the index rising and short if you see it falling. But of course it can reverse in seconds.

This implies trading randomly with no plan, target or timeframe. This seems crazy to me so could you please explain exactly what "trading what I see" means and how you implement this !

For me "trading what I see" means not thinking of what i want the markets to do, or what I think they should do but reacting to what they are doing. A lot of people seem to get it in their heads that the markets will move in one direction and are not able to react when that doesn't happen. It is possible to do this with a plan. The ACD method is one example of this http://www.dacharts.com/templates/descr/ACDmethod.htm

Hi all, I think we may see 10,640 as a possible top on Tuesday 4th of Oct at the close, this is based on an indicator, but is not trading advice to anyone.
Best Regards

What's Happening this week 3rd oct 2005

Hi Guys,
I have not seen any comments with regards to the dow this week.
I see first half bullish and the seconed bearish....might be wrong
Comments will be appreciated..
This week is full of economic news
So be careful....
All news should be negative this is what my gut feeling is
ISM -down
NFP-Is forecasted for -200 yes -200 so I rest my case
But I guess the market has already accounted for this but there could be some suprises.

Happy trading everyone

dow analysis

rav700 said:
Hi Guys,
I have not seen any comments with regards to the dow this week.
I see first half bullish and the seconed bearish....might be wrong
Comments will be appreciated..
This week is full of economic news
So be careful....
All news should be negative this is what my gut feeling is
ISM -down
NFP-Is forecasted for -200 yes -200 so I rest my case
But I guess the market has already accounted for this but there could be some suprises.

Happy trading everyone

Hi, !0,640 may be top in two days ( Tuesday 4th )
regards :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Racer,
Have not seen you on this board lately hope you are ok mate
So the Dow was down back at the 10535 level today...
After 3:00 it has just been range trading in a 30 point tunnel
I am still bearish overall on the dow...
Only time will tell .
Personally I am looking for the break of 10582 level again before going long or 10490 for going short...This is one of the weak months so just be careful.

Happy trading guys