Where am I going wrong?

new_trader said:
I have had so many trades which have retraced just enough to take out my break even STOP and retrace into profit again that I decided to increment my stop at a less aggressive pace. But, I suppose everyone offering advice has gone through this and knows exactly what works. But I am aiming to understand what is going on rather than just doing what is advised. ie/ Am I a weak hand being slaughtered by the strong hands?

Are there Market Manipulators taking out my stops?

Am I just paranoid :)

The market was trending down, bears were in control while the bulls were countering against the push down. When markets trend downward the bears possess great authority or influence.
Ask yourself the question new_trader, why are markets moving up & down? The real issue as to why markets move is because there is a war that is occurring between sellers & buyers.
The aim of buyers is to move markets higher because they make money if they do so, it's not in the interest of buyers to allow markets to move down with great regularity because they forfeit money if that occurs. The same is also true of sellers, their aim is to push markets lower because they make money, however, they forfeit money if markets move higher. So we have two opposing forces with opposite goals. In your case for example, the sellers were dominating or were unusually strong below resistance(1381) until the buyers regrouped at a more profound area of support(1369) which enabled them to effectively counter against the push down. In fact a little after you bought at 1371.5, the sellers re-asserted their authority twice at 1375, indicating that they were going to push down again.

Buyers & sellers utilize support & resistance zones to move markets up or down.
Astute traders know where the market will move up or down from a day before the market opens, buyers & sellers draw battle lines the day before indicating from where they will move the markets. I will gladly show anyone before & after charts that clearly demonstrate just how accurate & effective this method is. Anyone who is interested in learning just private message me for further information.

Last edited: