Whats the best strategy now?

Stoney_21

i missed the opportunity to buy in when the S&P was 1817 and am annoyed but i felt it would go lower. I am 55% in cash now and not sure if i should continue to be patient or just dump everything in. I bought a small position in MCHI (chinese market ETF) and TLT and plan to DCA in when they are down but im still holding out for the big crash or at least a drop down to where the markets were a few weeks ago

Nobody knows the answer to what the markets will do with 100% certainty. If your time horizon for investment is say 10 years, some will say it doesn't matter, the equity market indices will always be higher on any given date than they were 10 years earlier.

On the other hand, why not trickle money in, say on a monthly basis? For instance, if the index is above the 200EMA and higher in each new month than it was a month earlier, put another tranche of cash in. Or quarter or year obviously.

Equally important, and a more personal question, is when would you take money out to bank the profits?

i missed the opportunity to buy in when the S&P was 1817 and am annoyed but i felt it would go lower. I am 55% in cash now and not sure if i should continue to be patient or just dump everything in. I bought a small position in MCHI (chinese market ETF) and TLT and plan to DCA in when they are down but im still holding out for the big crash or at least a drop down to where the markets were a few weeks ago

I assume you are talking about investment rather than trading the price movement.

If investing, the buying of shares, then the criteria should be to hold based on solid dividend history where the dividend is the return on investment and if you gain on the share price, that's a bonus.

I think the indexes are safer and also more liquid than individual companies.