What went wrong?

I should rephrase- by harder I mean you will lose your shirt quicker if you havn't got it right and that you have less time to manage the trade if all does not go smoothly, Whilst some are happy to let trades run to their stops I've found it better to take decisive action yourself and cut trades not going well for a small profit or smaller then hard stop loss.

Yep, my average loss on the smalls is approx 17, not always nec to let the hard stop (25) be breached.

Yep, my average loss on the smalls is approx 17, not always nec to let the hard stop (25) be breached.

Sounds like the two of you should get a room..:LOL:

Common Black Goose (aka Black Swan), if you're really any good at this game, you need to give at least one live call on eur/usd before midnight tonight that generates at least 20 pips profit....I'll do it no problem because I'm not scared of calling a dud, but I think you can't handle being wrong which is the thorn in your side digging away at you:sneaky:

Come on, just one little little live call, just to prove you're the genuine article you claim to be!! Does not matter if you're right or wrong but just shows you have some balls:whistling

Some low risk trades have given me excellent runs, but pullbacks on trends that I think have started. Trying to spot a top/bottom is something I'm very bad at. I guess that that is where the deeper stops are necessary. I do prefer indices over forex, BTW, perhaps I get away with smaller stops because of that.

Okay Black Swan, I know you're there watching, you're the only moderator that does not show their name while watching a thread (you're so vain, nice tune in that song!!), I'll make the first call then....

I'll be shorting at 1.3990 at the open (I presume the price will open pretty close to this), target 30 pips, stop at 30 pips and I will not let it go on for hours:LOL:....hey, might be wrong, but I don't have any issue with this because by experience I know I have a high probability of being correct...

Come on Goose, getting bored with this now, you sitting on the side lines does not help you!!

I am a genius!!:p Out at 1.3951,3 for 20 pips...:D (only cos I'm bored stiff!)

Such a predictable short, bound to be in profit....he he
Would I try do it for a living? hell no, firstly, even if I made 150 pips per week I would have to bet well over £10 per pip to make it pay the bills, and then I would only scrape by...why the hell would I risk £300 on a stop of 30 pips......30 pips is F***ck all in the world of forex.

Black Goose, you made 60 pips last week from 12 trades...:LOL:.....I'll call it quits for the week and declare my weekly gain at 20 pips...:cool:

No way I'll try make a living doing this, too much to lose, very little to gain other than a heart attack....

btw, screen shots from IgIndex to support LIVE trades....only £1 per pip.....really think it's worth any more than that?

Uhhh, what exactly are you trying to prove??

Peter

Seriously?.....it's all in plain english...

If I achieve only one thing it would be that BS does not post his ridiculous short TF trades well after the fact and pretends to be genius!! Can't take anyone seriously who posts their trades afterwards.....and is still arrogant enough to claim they are real trades:whistling

I posted on this thread because I thought that some people may find my contribution valuable, and I would hope that that is the main reason most people not looking for help post.

You have made your views clear and we get it, you dont like short tf trading and what you percieve to be tight stops.

However the last few posts you have made baiting BS are really just a waste of time and just makes the thread difficult to read for anyone who is trying to pick out a few gems.

Why you are also now turning your attentions to me simply because me and BS agree on a few trading principles is beyond me.

As for live calls, most on the site do not make them and of those that do most are looking for a comfort blanket/support for their trades or want to feed an ego.

Either way its a personnal choice and when you start doing some serious size maybe you will understand why posting secs after placing a trade is not a prority.

£10 a pip is barely 1 lot and a few years ago you wouldn't of been able to trade for any less.

Anyway all I really want is to get this thread back on track and if it turns out to be any good I may request that one of the other mods who have not posted on it to clean up all the tic for tac between you and BS.

I hope that you continue to air your views re trading but keep your views re other members to yourself.

Vince, I put the guy on ignore yesterday afternoon in between my lads' footy matches so tbh I havn't got a clue what's gone on...Not nec. to moderate the thread is there? Leaving such threads up as a permanent testament is often the best *punishment* surely?..;) Catch up with you later, havn't taken a small TF Euro trade this morning...

I should rephrase- by harder I mean you will lose your shirt quicker if you havn't got it right and that you have less time to manage the trade if all does not go smoothly, Whilst some are happy to let trades run to their stops I've found it better to take decisive action yourself and cut trades not going well for a small profit or smaller then hard stop loss.

The strange thing about this, as far as I am concerned, is that the logic of it should make me stay with short SLs, but others are so happy with their further away ones that I have tried, more than once, to adapt and can't. A loss that goes past my limits keeps niggling at me. I must get out.

If I am not the world's best trader I don't think that it is because of the SL's---it's something else, timing the entries, I suppose.

Some low risk trades have given me excellent runs, but pullbacks on trends that I think have started. Trying to spot a top/bottom is something I'm very bad at. I guess that that is where the deeper stops are necessary. I do prefer indices over forex, BTW, perhaps I get away with smaller stops because of that.

For me I think my answer is to get in on a trend trade entry, into the main trend after the pullback has already turned.

How about stocks, you have more choice on volatility and leverage.

The strange thing about this, as far as I am concerned, is that the logic of it should make me stay with short SLs, but others are so happy with their further away ones that I have tried, more than once, to adapt and can't. A loss that goes past my limits keeps niggling at me. I must get out.

If I am not the world's best trader I don't think that it is because of the SL's---it's something else, timing the entries, I suppose.

Black Swan, you running a couple of accounts at the same time......not allowed is it??:sneaky:

Oh well, who cares, my point was made, you got the message loud and clear, no doubt there will be some "posts" after this to bury everthing:LOL:

Happy Trading Goose...

For me I think my answer is to get in on a trend trade entry, into the main trend after the pullback has already turned.

How about stocks, you have more choice on volatility and leverage.

Yes, I sometimes try a few stocks for a change, but always go back to the indices after a while. Probably because I'm lazy.

Yes, I sometimes try a few stocks for a change, but always go back to the indices after a while. Probably because I'm lazy.

:LOL:

I try this many many times, but always find the end is so far from the start that I get distracted and always find stocks are best always sold, before being buyed...maybe that is the problem for the such small stops!!!