what r/r and strikerate works best??

so its ok for scaling into a postion, great, but what if you get stopped out then double the next postion to make it up, say you kept on doing this as part of your plan until you finally had your point profit for the day then quit for the day.?.............is this strategy viable if back testing proves very unlikely that you will get too many consec losses to affect system, nothing is guaranteed i know but what are your thoughts?..........thanks for the replies

What you're describing sounds like a Martingale strategy, which I'd strongly advise against. The problem is that the rewards are rather small compared to the risk of making X number of consecutive losses, which will result in blowing up your trading account.

What you're describing sounds like a Martingale strategy, which I'd strongly advise against. The problem is that the rewards are rather small compared to the risk of making X number of consecutive losses, which will result in blowing up your trading account.

sorry bit confused........so thanks for clarifying, i will not use this strategy, but can you describe a viable way in which i can use it, i think you mentioned its ok for scaling into a position but i was not clear of your method for doing so, thanks again