Votes: 87 41.6%
  • Swing Trader: 1-3 day holdings

Votes: 56 26.8%
  • Position Trader: Hold days to weeks

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Long Term: Months and longer

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters
Currently I have 2 main strategies, first is a GBP/EUR futures mechanical day trade, 1 per day, 2 days out of 3 on average, with no overnight. The second usually holds YM or DIA for between 2 days and 2 weeks depends on quantitative market assessment. Also under development with small $ at risk is a Dow auto arb type system, multiple trades per day, no overnight.

rog1111

Rhody Trader said:
What type of trader do you consider yourself?

position trade cable, hardly any screen time, no market orders, day TF.... 'nearly' no stress! :)

At the moment I place about 5 orders a day: my local time, one short term in the morning, one short term for the afternoon, one (actually three entry points) for a longer aim of about 100 to 200 pips target ( I usually get too excited and exit too early and miss out on the biggest part of the beef, very irritating ), forex trades. One in the evening, two after midnight, indexes.

I am not sure what type of trader is that. Maybe a hybrid of scalp and long term, or both?

I am the type of trader who doesn't know what the heck is goin going on. More importantly, I also know neither does anyone else. A happy circumstance, I reckon. I observe and see what has already happened and expect that to continue until is doesn't. When it doesn't is when I lose.

I thought I was quite good and getting better

But the market new best :)

and I no nothing again which is for the best

Last edited:
I trade two styles, scalp relative value spreads in a mean reversion strategy and i balance that with medium term position trades based on technical analysis and strict money management rules.