What is the likely-hood of spreadbetting becoming taxable?

Er no, its just habit to use my personal link when i type words like that rather than let this forum auto link with its tag as you type, you know what i mean...! :)

I thought a bit more about this and i really dont think spread betting will ever become taxable...unless a proper tax on your gambling profits is introduced. This wouldnt be a popular thing with voters and unlikely to happen unless the government gets desperate!

its a difficult one, its technically pure betting so how can they tax it without taxing all betting the same?
Last edited by marketwizard123; Today at 08:34 AM. Reason: Lightning McQueen is a muppet

Oh now you can't let that one go lightning......

What is the likely-hood of spreadbetting becoming taxable?

Id like to hear some spread traders views...

somewhere in the region between 0% & 100%. Shall we take 50% as a nice average?

Would need to start taxing the lottery winnings if they did tax spreadbet.

as said, offsetting losses etc, would probably go a long way to reversing the very point of introducign an SB tax.

i think theres more chance of hell freezing over.

Er no, its just habit to use my personal link when i type words like that rather than let this forum auto link with its tag as you type, you know what i mean...! :)

yes, well, if you don't refrain from the habit then you will find posts will go missing in the same way have all the posts that you reinstated your link have gone, along with posts that pushed that other site, see my sig, yes you will be jogging on some more to ET, or worse, if I so much as see any more trouble from you :D

Oh now you can't let that one go lightning......

believe me I've been called a lot worse :LOL:

The mods are here to keep the whole forum neat and tidy and to keep the bad mouthed unecessary scum out of this place. As a new guy to the site, one would think that calling a mod a muppet for doing his job is one step to far.

said member now has now met a mod and will be a model citizen from now on if he wants to stay, thanks for watching my back guys, have been a little preoccupied on the tt debacle and only returned to this mini storm in a teacup by accident :clap: