What is the biggest advantage a retail trader has over an institional trader?

Here ya go Joe.

My first trend rider in action. My exit strategy is unknown and still random.

136920d1337782580-what-biggest-advantage-retail-trader-has-over-institional-trader-rider.jpg

Edit: sold out on a random impulse after a sharp spike. I still don't have what it takes for a long ride.

136922d1337782845-what-biggest-advantage-retail-trader-has-over-institional-trader-spike.jpg

Attachments

• rider.jpg
    rider.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 575
  • spike.jpg
    spike.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:
Few major funds outperform a main index though, or even try to, in which case it would be more passive than active. This explains the enormous growth and popularity of passively managed ETF's.

The public is almost always most bullish towards the end of a bull market and would be putting money into the fund than the few who would be selling out, and vice versa. If a fund manager is any good, and I mean really good, then chances are s/he would be feeling bullish when the average investor is bearish and again, vice versa.

Most fund managers are just as bad as the average investor. Just because they have some financial training for how to balance funds and legal aspects doesn't mean they can pick the bottom and top.

Many institutions HAVE to be in the market for a multitude of reasons.

Still trying to figure out how to exploit this but my lemmiwinks-esqe quest has taken a massive back seat while I've been studying over the last 18 months. Might have a look at something like this for my thesis though and kill two birds :)

That doesn't explain why they'd use a method that can be spotted, unless it's a double bluff, or triple bluff, or...

It's little known, but retail traders actually get better spreads than the banks.

I learned this off one of my good friends that runs a brokerage (SynergyFX). If you want to transact$100,000,000USD for example, the spread is around 10-15 pips.

It's little known, but retail traders actually get better spreads than the banks.

I learned this off one of my good friends that runs a brokerage (SynergyFX). If you want to transact$100,000,000USD for example, the spread is around 10-15 pips.

:eek::eek::eek:

LOL.
You try loading up that kind of money on your micro FX account and see what happens.

Firstly , for retailer shop, you have rich goods resources and can send the goods any any quantity to different custoemr. You know ,not all the customer would need large quantity of items ,maybe they need one sample for testing .
Secondly, since you send the goods at any time ,you much have good courier ,and thus your delivery is very fast ,no need to waste time to produce the goods .
Thirdly ,for retailer shop, you have so many kinds of goods ,so your customers are branded ,from many kinds of fields.

These are just some of our suggestion ,of course i think other reviewers actually have better ideas. :)

Cheers,

A retail account can enter and exit a position relatively easily. A big player would need time and volume to liquidate a position. A whale once mentioned it took more than 3 hours to liquidate a EURUSD position.