what does FUTEX do ?

Hi FUTEX,

quick question. Do most of your traders make at least 100k per year? Also, what kind of average daily profit is expected from a new trader, who has just completed your training program?

Additionally, how would you compare FUTEX to a Shop like Jane Street Capital, which is extremely academic and heavily relies on arbitrage strategies.

Thanks and Kind regards.

Bloomberg, Reuters, professional economist and squawk feeds, and charting software. There are more details on the web-site

Out of interest - do all of your traders use the squawk?

I use a squawk (news, not pit noise) but they have become a bit too chatty of late and I find it somewhat off-putting....

We have on load speaker. Some traders wear headphones. We tune into different things depending on what is important. (for example we may tune into specific product information if relevent, eg oil).
But, I agree with you sometimes analysts give too much info for fear that they miss something!

What platform/broker do you use for Spot Forex? Do you have access to EBS or Reuters D2?

FUTEX,

Just wondering why ppl mostly trade european fixed income spreads, is that due to the economic climate now or becos it lends itself better to day trading? also any1 trade pure equities?

I think ppl have it in for u in this forum

Cheers

Futex DO NOT trade European fixed income Spreads. We can, but we choose not do. We find it is too expensive a way to trade for traders to make a lot of money out of.

Bunds, US Treasuies, Gilts, Stock Index Futures, Copper, Gold, Silver, Oil, Grains, All major currency pairs, and some other incidentals and cash products

That depends on there place on the curve. Our philosophy is to help people choose what suits them . Once they are up an running, they more or less change products as they wish. (We teach them to seek out and trade the markets where the opportunities are greatest).

Thanks FUTEX,

I was only mentioning fixed income spreads becos I knew somebody at Schneider and thats what he traded. I guess you wouldnt want to comment on other firms.

Just wondering why nobody trades stocks, guessing probably a bit expensive to hook up to broker research?

No, our broker research is free. We are "wholesale". And, yes we do do some stocks, but its very limited demand from our traders. We also trade the underlying in our futures products (Arbitrage).

Hi James,
Thats too broad a question. To trade through? or to receive information from ?