What are the top 3 things you do that improve your trading?

1. Sticking to only 3 specific trade set ups (for differing market conditions and objectives.)

2. Using and sticking to my own money management strategies to fit my own objectives.

3. Keeping things very simple.

Last edited:
[serious answers]

3. ignore internet
2. find way and stick
1. have enough time

Exactly, banging hookers ( because its legal ) and getting high (because it's legal) needs funding.. What better incentive to improve your trading

They banned space cakes for anyone who isn't dutch!

Simple solution, hire a Dutch hooker to make fresh ones for you while you trade :)
They will do just about anything for those pink euros

1. Be Patient. A sniper, not a machine gunner
2. Only take prime, well practised setups. Otherwise its just gambling
3. Don't get cocky or resentful after the trade, both will lead to bad trades.

4. Enjoy your winnings - In Amsterdam for cookery and debotuary if thats your thing!

1. Be Patient. A sniper, not a machine gunner
2. Only take prime, well practised setups. Otherwise its just gambling
3. Don't get cocky or resentful after the trade, both will lead to bad trades.

4. Enjoy your winnings - In Amsterdam for cookery and debotuary if thats your thing!

Never heard of that before.
Is it a mortuary for debutants?
I always wondered what happened to them.

NWTD - no idea yet who you really are (or were), and actually it's not important, but that was a pretty sage bit of advice.

Took me a while to realise staying in was a lot easier than getting out and getting in again.

Tantric trading.

Every time I read this Im laughing aloud.

Sound advice, communicated with humor

1. Have specific trading entry and exit criteria.
2. Use your specific entry and exit criteria.
3. If you find any desires to use discretionary overrides on your specific trading entry and exit criteria arises from your loins; masturbate, exercise and then go and have breakfast. After that, come back and if your discretionary desire turned out to be a good one, mark it down for further research and if it stands the test of time incorporate it into your specific entry and exit criteria. If you find yourself wantonly exercising whimsical discretionary overrides on an impulsive or immediate basis; masturbate with spiked gloves on; exercise naked in Firth Street on a Friday night whilst being chained to a lamppost and eat breakfast from whatever you can scrape out from the bottom of the Dim Sook F’un garbage can in the morning.

But what do you mean by "who you really are (or were)"? I'm afraid I'm new to this forum and don't yet understand its ways and customs :LOL:.
Yeah right. Still, over 3 months (on this site anyway) away from all the distractions was a good effort. You're a junkie and you know it. LOL.

Welcome back anyway, always enjoyed your take and your humour. Just don't let the mods catch you.

Things have been going so well it's almost scary, but I'm finding it hard to occupy myself in between. Over-trading is beckoning, and that way disaster lies.

There's only so much reading and productive stuff one can do, I'm in need of a little distraction.
Glad to hear things are going well. But do take care with the distractions that you don’t overdose. You can end up getting your priorities muddled and finding yourself here rather than there. Done it myself so many times and it takes the long break to get your head straight again. I know you know this, but I felt like saying it anyway, ‘cos I can feel the mist rising for me again, very shortly.

Glad to hear things are going well. But do take care with the distractions that you don’t overdose. You can end up getting your priorities muddled and finding yourself here rather than there. Done it myself so many times and it takes the long break to get your head straight again. I know you know this, but I felt like saying it anyway, ‘cos I can feel the mist rising for me again, very shortly.

It's OK, I just need some light relief from time to time. I was told a lot that it would be boring and isolated. Which is fine, I don't want excitement and I don't like people much. But enough's enough.

You have a point though about distractions - I actually missed a cracking TF trade today because I was on here :LOL:.

I've traded Forex for 6+ years and believe we can all improve our trading by doing something different.

Can you share what the top 3 things you have done different that improve your trading?

Only one in my case: good discipline

'When the idea of being in control of yourself sinks in, you realize that you as a trader get exactly what you deserve from the markets. If you consistently get poor results, you deserve this. If you consistently get great results, you deserve that. The market doesn't care, one way or the other.' M Douglas

PS There are some other imortant things, but nothing else comes close to it.