what a sad state Britain.....

I rather lost what little confidence I had in Willy Haig, when I heard him on the radio 4 wondering if he should save lives by acting on information which may have been obtained illegally.

Go on Willy hit them bad guys with your handbag, why not !!

dear oh dear

Glad to see the Chandlers back but a huge ransom was paid. The SAS could have sorted those bums out for nothing and permanently

"I got a full grant and without it I could never have gone to University"

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - talk about wasting taxpayers money!

Tax payers money :-0 you kidding right?

One fat bankers expense is anothers (window/glass manufacturers) income. It is the circle of money...

I've met some people who got into some cushy jobs in London. Apparently, they were boasting they went to one of the better colleges in London and that their daddy paid £16K p/a to see them through. They are good lads and want to pay back the investment made on them by their father. No problem with that if people have the ability to pay and choose to do so.

However, this is what this government's policies will bring - they will create a society where merit will be judged by money and not intellect or ability.

Which is precisely where the UK industry has been failing since the late 19th century. Stuck up snobs who freaking think they know it all.

I reckon East-end wheel barrow boys would make much better executives of our industries or little Asian tigers from the far east then our Eton ******s. The ilk of people like Alan Sugar are rare these days.

The financial sector brough us here and suddenly the Tories have a great plan to reduce the levy on bankers and further encourage the sector at the expense of all other industries to promote growth. Talk about adding fuel to the fire. :-0:mad: Bunch of mad ******s they really are. We will see consequences in another 10, 20 years.

Fred the Shred probably can pay for all the damage caused by the students with just one weeks left overs from his weekly pension coming out of tax payers money.

Don't recall you shouting about that now - as to what a waste of tax payers money that was. :( Would you not call that being hypocritical? :(

Glass houses my ****. If not for the grant and university I may have remained stuck at McDonalds serving naff food for the rest of my life. My family and I was in the **** when Thatcher took over and pissed all over the UK manufacturing industry. I remember it very well.

I have worked very hard and earnt my rights to throw stones at ******s who talk posh and **** up the UK economy. I'm afraid I see nothing wrong with that - forgive me my indulgence.

People like you make me want to throw up!!!

On a more serious note - our industry leaders are paid vast salaries.

Yet do we have world beating industries?

No we don't because we reward failure. We have been doing so since the late 19th century shortly after we reached the heights.

And their lies the paradox. Elitism breeds *****.

World beaters these days are those countries where the people are poor and have worked their way to success over the last 100 years.

They have hunger and drive.

The UK simply has arrogance and conceit clinging on to the past. Like a wounded animal it goes back to what it knows best. Snobbery and more elitism from the people who want to take us back into further decay.

This is so crystal clear to me it saddens me that so called well educated people as those on these threads can not see where the Tories will take us next.

Very sad... :(

Atilla I have no beef with you my friend, but the colossal chip on your shoulder clouds not only your judgement but also your sense of humor.

Atilla I have no beef with you my friend, but the colossal chip on your shoulder clouds not only your judgement but also your sense of humor.

Perhaps you are right... Awfully in a bad ranting mode.

Thank you for bringing me back down to earth. (y)

My apologies to you. :eek:

Chip or no chip I stand by my sentiments re: what a sad state we are in and where it will lead...

Atilla, I have to say that Mr Gecko has put his finger on something which I too have noticed these past few months. You certainly do seem to be a lot more grumpy these days. I guess this is something that happens to most of us as we get older.

I’m not having a dig at you here Atilla ( this time :D ), I will admit that in the past I have deliberately tried to wind you up by constantly accusing you of conspiraloonery and much to my frustration you’ve been smart enough not to bite.

Having said that I am curious to know the reason for this sudden ascent of yours up the grumpy scale?

Can I ask you is there something going on in your life that’s making you angry? Are you perhaps externalising this anger and directing towards other people, issues, situations, world events etc?

Forgive me, I know I'm being nosey but curiosity always has been one of my main weaknesses.

Sincerely

Richard

Last edited:
The T*SSERS at Brussels combined with the pathetic morons in Westminster are enough to make a saint swear horrible oaths and despair

don't let the b*astards get you down with the incompetence, lying and thieving of public money

The EU's accountantant's regularly refuse to sign their accounts they are so crooked

..........and as for Cameron declaring Britain is still a world power !!

lives in the cuckoo land of over spending

the collective will of the world's leaders given situations like piracy amounts to a laughable and negligable nothing.

the collective will of the world's leaders given situations like piracy amounts to a laughable and negligable nothing.

Valid point and well presented Pat.

If we can't sort out half a dozen rag heads in a speed boat with our Billion pound at time destroyers how the hell we gonna defeat the a Taliban?

dd

[edit] I hope ODT is wise enough to stay away from The Gulf of Aden in his yatch!

We are not going to defeat the Taliban, simple as that.

I doubt if we could even see Argentina off these days.

Might have a good chance against France though ... they're pretty crap at wars.

What we are actually missing is the overall leadership and guidance of this great statesman who used to show England the way to glory ......

264804-ambrose-ackroyd-albums-ambrose-ackroyd-s-pictures-picture1766-bush.jpg

And now we're giving millions of OUR tax payer's money to terrorists because the AMERICANS imprisoned them !!!!

Last edited:
Cheer up, you've got a royal wedding to look forward to now.

Last edited:
Yes, that will lift our spirits and give us the will to press on.

I love a good weeding, especially a Royal one.

Pass me the hoe Charles.