What a day!

it means the amount i risked was up 2000% (inc using profits of that position to add to it)

I had the worst trading day of my trading career today.

I lost 5000% of my money. :-0:eek::mad: Really really **** day:!:

I hope all you lucky *******s out there share my pain. :(:(:(

% return on what though. It wasn't a single position, you made several trades adding as it moved in your favour.

2000% gain on a single trade would mean that, if you risked 5% on the trade (quite high) and you had a stop of 20 points (reasonably tight), then your trade would have to move 8000 points. So your 2000% is pretty meaningless to me.

If you mean you just got a R:R of 20:1, then that would be good on 1 trade (still nothing incredible), but since you added to your position, that then alters the R:R so I have no idea what you actually mean. Same goes for that 750%.

Yeah exactly! that was what i was trying to say but couldnt express it...
Its like saying i made 1000%, i risked £1 and made £1000 - Half way through, i risked another £1000... Made £1000! A 1000% returN!

I had the worst trading day of my trading career today.

I lost 5000% of my money. :-0:eek::mad: Really really **** day:!:

I hope all you lucky *******s out there share my pain. :(:(:(

you lost 5000% on your position ? ouch man

I'm sure genics won't mind too much if I let people know the original amount was well over 50k - he just bought me the fire engine I've always wanted for suggesting the trade so I'm pretty pleased too :)

yes it was arabians idea to go "all in" on one trade, aparantly thats what all the city boys are doing these days

the main problem is that I need an HGV licence before next Tuesday when I pick the damn thing up - costing me £5k!

I'm sure genics won't mind too much if I let people know the original amount was well over 50k - he just bought me the fire engine I've always wanted for suggesting the trade so I'm pretty pleased too :)

In that case congratulations on making that £1m Genics...

Arabian - I hope you get your standard gratuity tip...

The customary way of doing it is:

10% for decent service

15% for great service

20% for exceptionally awesome service

Why not give him a BJ and go for the 20%. :cheesy:

it's actually funnier having HT on "ignore" and reading the edits; rather than having to put up with the radge in the first place ....