We're Hiring! T2W Content Editor

Sharky

Staff
We currently have a vacancy at T2W for a Content Editor.

The position will initially be part-time ~2-3 hours/day, 5 days/week and the hours are flexible. You'll be working remotely, so where you live isn't so important, although a time zone close to the UK is preferable (+/- 5 hours max).

The successful candidate will mainly be responsible for the T2W Articles section:

* Sourcing trading articles by liaising with traders and content providers.
* Editing and publishing articles and the monthly T2W newsletter.
* Actively involved in new website initiatives to improve content across T2W.

Requirements for the role:

* You need to be very well organised and have excellent communication skills. Working remotely can be challenging at the best of times!
* Active interest in the different aspects of trading (shouldn't be a problem if you're reading this now on T2W).
* Excellent written English, able to confidently edit article submission, you should have some previous experience in authoring, editing or copyrighting
* Web Savvy with knowledge of HTML

The ideal candidate will have:

* Background in financial editing and publishing - a distinct advantage.
* Knowledge of hand-written HTML
* Prior experience of working remotely, particularly using Skype.

Candidates will be paid an hourly rate on a contractual basis, discussed on application.

Apart from the monetary remuneration, anyone with an interest in trading should find the work extremely rewarding; liaising with well known traders, commentators and trading organisations and no doubt will help to further their own trading education.

Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]

Closing date for applications is Friday, Aug 4th.

Last edited:
If he was still alive I'd swear you'd commissioned Roy Lichtenstein to create that avatar, Sharky :)

Interesting job, I could do it and have relevant experience... shame I can't be bothered to update my CV! (Do you really need a CV? :D )

Interesting job, I could do it and have relevant experience... shame I can't be bothered to update my CV! (Do you really need a CV? :D )
But for the techie side of things (no idea what hand-written HTMLis!), I'd be interested in the job too!

Shadowninja said:
Interesting job, I could do it and have relevant experience... shame I can't be bothered to update my CV! (Do you really need a CV? )

Well if you already have one and all it needs is updating, surely that would be a decent first test of whether editing content is something you find stimulating or not..... ;)

Attachments

• Tom.jpg
    Tom.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 295
Great link ya.

Should I get rid of my yin yang and put my befunkyd face up instead.

Hmm. Must consider.

Hey Tom, good to see ya again.

Hows life.

:)

Yup, all well, thanks.

:)

Back from my half year exile. (Just wanted a break from boards, nothing else.)

Good trading mate.

Well if you already have one and all it needs is updating, surely that would be a decent first test of whether editing content is something you find stimulating or not..... ;)

I'm fine with it if I'm guaranteed to be rewarded for my time. :p

I used to proof read financial and other business material. Dead boring, it was. On the plus side, at least I find trading interesting.

If you want more interest then may I suggest you re-start the Dow weekly/monthly competition preferably with prizes ( ok so noone expects the prize to be up in the 6 figure range unless you're paying in lire

P.S. you can have my considered, analytical, algorithmical, linear NN forecast (some would call it a guess) but not for free

:clap::clap:

first time i've looked at the articles page. what's the point of it?
:LOL:
Great question oiltanker!
My recollection from the days when it was created and known as the 'Knowledge Lab' was that it would be a depository for articles written by the great and the good (yours truly being an exception) - that could be relied upon for their insight, wisdom and knowledge. Where as the main boards are posts written by the great unwashed and (for the most part) contain mountains of dross with only the occasional pearl; the K' Lab' (now Articles section) has contributions from 'experts' and the pearls to dross ratio is reversed. Anyway, I believe that's the theory . . .

thanks timsk

are they vetted? do the great and the good have to prove they have track records of successful trading?

if someone is making proven live calls and getting a good strike rate then for me it gets interesting what they have to say.